Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Best Way To Rip In Mono (Read 2377 times) previous topic - next topic

Best Way To Rip In Mono

Hi,

I have decided I want to finally sort out all my music, and want to make sure it is all in the best format possible so I don't have to rip it all again. I have previously recorded just in musicmatch but now want to do it properly.

I am deaf in one ear, so want to record in mono (this should save on space as well). I understand the lame alt-preset standard setting is thought to be good enough for most people, but am not entirely sure what to do to record using this setting but in mono.

I have downloaded exact audio copy and lame, but can't work out the correct switches to use. I'm not sure how lame creates mono files, but I want it to be a mix of the two channels, rather than just one.

As you can tell, I'm a bit of a newbie and would be really grateful if someone could spare the time to recommend the command line switches to use in EAC, or recommend a better solution.

Thanks a lot

Paul

Best Way To Rip In Mono

Reply #1
Code: [Select]
    -m <mode>       (s)tereo, (j)oint, (f)orce, (m)ono or (a)auto
                   default is (s) or (j) depending on bitrate
                   force = force ms_stereo on all frames.

Best Way To Rip In Mono

Reply #2
There are some things to be considered when encoding mono MP3s, but addition of the -a switch seems the easiest solution.