Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC :: Ripping FROM a cue/bin (Read 5939 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC :: Ripping FROM a cue/bin

Ok, there are times when i want to create a bin/cue or (ccd/daa) image of my cd so that i can rip the tracks from it later. I'm trying to avoid using virtual drives to mount the image. I'm wondering if it's possible, either through command line or some other option, if there is a way to rip directly from the cue/bin or ccd/daa (cd image file)

Reply #1
You don't actually rip from a cue/bin. The data have already been ripped from the CD. All you need is software that recognizes these files and inteprets them as though they were separate wav files.

Reply #2
sorry, the cue/bin hasn't been made with eac. the image is being made from poweriso or clone cd or alcohol 120 that sort of image...

I'm a fan of power iso but eac doesn't recoginze it's virtual drive and clone cd alcohol, and daemon tools have hosed my computer once or twice.... so i'm avoiding a virtual drive as aggressive as those.

Reply #3
So this is actually an iso image of the CD. I understand now.

You do understand that those programs do not do secure ripping, so your audio data could be corrupt? In that case you don't need to rip with EAC since any ripper will give you the same result.

Reply #4
well in the case of clone cd, isn't it an exact bit by bit image, at which case you're right in that it hasn't ripped it securely but it has taken an exact bit by bit image and there for has preserved the disc exaclty as it was physically?

or am i misunderstanding something?

Reply #5
well in the case of clone cd, isn't it an exact bit by bit image, at which case you're right in that it hasn't ripped it securely but it has taken an exact bit by bit image and there for has preserved the disc exaclty as it was physically?

No!!!!

Reply #6
Programs like clone cd should give you an exact image for DATA CDs, but not for audio CDs. For that a secure ripper is required.

Reply #7
well i've learned something very important then. that's good to know.

and genuinely thank you because that answers all my questions