Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 with WINE (Read 2429 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 with WINE

Hi!
Running foobar2000 with WINE on Ubuntu 20.04 and Manjaro Gnome 20. Foobar2000 can't read cue-sheets saved with ANSI encoding with Russian charset. Can some-one help me to fix this?

Re: Foobar2000 with WINE

Reply #1
Suggestion: Translate them to UTF-8 using iconv.

As for getting foobar2000 in wine to read them as-is, you'll have to figure out how to change your wine prefix's ANSI code page.

Reply #4
With UTF-8 encoding cue-sheet in foobar2000 looks like this.

IIRC foobar2000 expects BOM at the beginning of a *.cue file, but Linux programs usually don't write it.

Thank you very much! That helped.
I didn't figure out how to add BOM in Gedit, so I used Double Commander to convert 1251 to UTF-8 (with BOM). Also Chacon component for Foobar2000 didn't worked. Wonder why in didn't worked?

Reply #5
Suggestion: Translate them to UTF-8 using iconv.

As for getting foobar2000 in wine to read them as-is, you'll have to figure out how to change your wine prefix's ANSI code page.

Hi! Thank you!
I tried to change field Command in Foobar2000 Launching Properties (in Main Menu Linux app) from this:

env WINEPREFIX="/home/anton/.wine" wine C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe /Unix /home/anton/.wine/dosdevices/c:/ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows/Start\ Menu/Programs/foobar2000.lnk

to this:

env WINEPREFIX="/home/anton/.wine" LANG="ru_RU.utf8" wine C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe /Unix /home/anton/.wine/dosdevices/c:/ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows/Start\ Menu/Programs/foobar2000.lnk

Now foobar2000 can read 1251 encoded cue-sheet tags correctly but still can't play the cues... Get error:

"Unable to open item for playback (bad exception):"

Reply #6
I'm not sure, but it may be possible that the file IO API in Wine only accepts UTF-8 encoded paths, and only happens to support UTF-16 because that's what Windows supports. I'm not sure that it supports other 8 bit encodings.

Reply #7
thank you. I'll try.