Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: visualization (Read 5175 times) previous topic - next topic

visualization

would just like to know if there's any visualization plug for foobar. i usually dont use it but sometimes its fun. my avatar should give a good idea, when its fun!
everybody's a jerk. you, me, this jerk!

visualization

Reply #1
Not yet, but one may come along soon... Although no one has said they were working on one.  Perhaps Foober just has the wrong kind of community for vis'.

[/edit; Spelling]

visualization

Reply #2
No, you won't be seeing any vis stuff.  There's no way to retrieve the latency, as of right now, so it's not possible to sync the vis.

visualization

Reply #3
  After reading this post I do realise I kinda miss them... Even a little ossciloscope would do it.  Oh well, I can wait untill we can get latency info.

visualization

Reply #4
Shouldn't it be possible if you manually set latency (no DSPs can be used obviously) in the viz?

visualization

Reply #5
Please hold your horses and wait for proper visualisation API coming in 0.7 or 0.8.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

visualization

Reply #7
Please hold your horses and wait for proper visualisation API coming in 0.7 or 0.8.

What other new and nifty features are planned for future versions, Peter?

visualization

Reply #8
i'm patient. visualization wouldn't add greatly to foobar2000, but it'd be neat nonetheless 

on that note, what i'd like to see is an ANSi visualizer, to keep in style with foobar2000's decidedly 'text mode' look.

it might be rather slow though, but imagine an 80x50 window showing text mode AVS style visuals 
_
psy.

visualization

Reply #9
while i agree that vis in foobar is far from needed, sometimes i just like to sit back and listen to music - and for that vis is really good.

foobar is really (IMO) better in it's current state for listening while working at the same time - not that it doesn't fullfill most of the needs for standalone listening (quality and usability being chief among them), but that it gets kind of boring staring at it's playlist, no matter how nifty your formatting string is.

I read this post and got a vision of a vis plugin utilizing directx overlays ala drempels or most media players to place a vis behind the playlist - add borders around the text for readability and you've got everything - foobar's unmatched interface and psychadelic visuals

visualization

Reply #10
For me, a FFT visualization plugin would be useful.

Edit: forget it, I just read it's already planned/done.