Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: exhale - Open Source USAC encoder (Read 324007 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: exhale - Open Source USAC encoder

Reply #1175
Note that the main page of that MPEG-H decoder states that it supports only baseline MPEG-H level 4 profile. But I just gave it a super quick test, it refuses all non-MPEG-H files in its transport decoder. The binary is also 11% smaller suggesting it's missing a lot of stuff.

Reply #1176
Oh,  sorry for wasting your time!
It should have been better if they just made it as a superset of FDK-AAC decoder when it's apparently using the same code base.

Reply #1177
Hi... After marvelling with Carl's xHE-AAC exhale,
Anyone knows where I can find a Dolby AC4 implementation? My UHD TV includes this codec and I would like to use It.

Reply #1178
I took a quick look at exhale sources and I don't see it doing anything to source WAV file channel order. If that's the case @john33 is absolutely correct and multichannel files encoded with it are quite broken, unless manually reordered to correct channel order.
My apologies, you're absolutely right, I totally misunderstood how the extensible WAVE format works regarding multichannel (I thought it allows to reorder the channels... which it doesn't). Just committed a fix to exhale's main branch, along with a minor tuning for the low-rate BA_MORE_CBR modes. With that the channel ordering should be correct.

Chris
If I don't reply to your reply, it means I agree with you.

Reply #1179
New compiles on RareWares. :)

Reply #1180
New compiles on RareWares. :)

tested

exhale-v1.2.1-14cdd94f-20250527_x64 -> broken return to prompt (i7-2600k) when encoding
exhale-v1.2.1-14cdd94f-20250527_x86 -> encode ok, preset 9, but foobar don't play it -> Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported audio track format)

mka encapsulation of the m4a same playback problem unsupported audio

Reply #1181
exhale-v1.2.1-14cdd94f-20250527_x64 -> broken return to prompt (i7-2600k) when encoding
exhale-v1.2.1-14cdd94f-20250527_x86 -> encode ok, preset 9, but foobar don't play it -> Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported audio track format)

mka encapsulation of the m4a same playback problem unsupported audio
Apologies, I uploaded an AVX2 optimised compile in error for the x64 version. I'll recompile and upload again. Thanks for letting me know.

Playback requires this component in foobar (for 64 bit Windows, otherwise the standard component):
https://foobar.hyv.fi/foo_pd_aac.fb2k-component

Playback of encoded files with both encoders works fine here.

EDIT: x64 compiles now updated.

Reply #1182
exhale-v1.2.1-14cdd94f-20250527_x64

1 out of 1 files converted with major problems.

Source: "Z:\EAC3.eac3"
  An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code -1 (0xFFFFFFFF); please re-check parameters) : "Z:\EAC3_5.1.m4a"
  Additional information:
  Encoder stream format: 48000Hz / 6ch / 32bps floating-point
  Command line: exhale.exe 9 "E318910B-98D2-4B18-9246-8C241372BAA3.m4a"
  Working folder: Z:\Temp\foo_converter\
  Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code -1 (0xFFFFFFFF); please re-check parameters