Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_vis_channel_spectrum.dll (Read 34492 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_vis_channel_spectrum.dll

A friend of mine was looking for the foo_uie_vis_channel_spectrum.dll component and was having trouble finding it on the web. So, here it is.

I don't know what version it is because I don't use Columns UI, so there might be something more recent.

Anyhow, here you go.

[attachment=4359:attachment]

Reply #2
Ah, thanks.

Couldn't find the link to that site anywhere.

Reply #3
I realize I'm bumping a really old thread, but I figured this would come up in searches for the component as the first result, so I'm posting it here.

I've been using foo_uie_vis_channel_spectrum as part of a custom setup originally based on FooNight that I heavily modified. I did leave in the foo_uie_vis_channel_spectrum because I love how it looks. There are some bugs, and supposedly it's crashware, but it worked just fine for me, or so I thought until last week.

I'm a software developer and noticed some weird behavior, mostly notably tooltips not appearing when they should appear. I discovered that windows was sending mouse move events continuously to applications, whether the mouse had actually moved or not. This is obviously a bad thing and could have lots of unintended consequences. I discovered that when foobar was minimized the problem went away. I then started uninstalling components and discovered that it was directly related to foo_uie_vis_channel_spectrum. I couldn't find a replacement spectrum that I liked so I decided to see if I could change options. Low-and-behold I saw that I didn't have "fast pseudo-transparent mode" enabled, and that was the source of the problem. For those (like me) who feel compelled to keep using it, make sure that option is checked.

There seems to be a dearth of decent uie_vis plugins that do this kind of work which is unfortunate.