Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New Creative Drivers (.402b) and Kernel Streaming (Read 5950 times) previous topic - next topic

New Creative Drivers (.402b) and Kernel Streaming

HERE are some new drivers I found for the Live / audigy series Cards (Version 5.12.6.402) . I have them installed and now I can't make Foobar work with Kernelstreaming, only with DS / Wave out. Is it the same for you? I ask this because this drivers are some Betas and when final comes out, I think KS won't work any longer for the 4xx Series... Switch back to 3xx drivers is no problem, I've tryed, works properly!
Celeron 1300 Tualatin @ 1589, 512 MB Micronchip CL2, 0,5 TB HD, Audigy 2 ZX Platinum Pro, Sony MDS-JE530 DAC, Sony STR-GX 311 Ampifier, Sennheiser HD 570 Headphones, Creative Inspire T7700 7.1

Reply #1
Huh... signed beta drivers?  Something seems a bit fishy about these drivers.  Is there a Creative site to go to?

Regardless, kernel streaming still works with these drivers on my machine (XP).  So the problem is probably yours.

Reply #2
If those are the drivers from the A2 NX cd (.402) then I am using them on my A1, i just tried, KS is working fine, but i dont use it anyway.

Does foobar report an error then? I have installed the whole A2 NX distribution on my system, if that would at all be related, maybe also related is the fact they enable CMSS and things by default, ive turned them off, do you have either A2 or A2 NX software installed?

Reply #3
@musicmusic: What A2 NX Cd do you mean? Can you tell me more about this?.

Yes, it seems to be a problem of mine, because i can activate KS but I can't hear anything (No error message.) CMSS, Eax, and all this things I have tunrned off as normal. But I have found out that I can't hear anything which has something to do with Direct-Streaming technology, as I have tryed to play Rainbow Six-Raven Shield, which uses the OpenAL output interface, the speakers stayed quite. (Also the OpenAl plugin for foobar stayed quite...)
Celeron 1300 Tualatin @ 1589, 512 MB Micronchip CL2, 0,5 TB HD, Audigy 2 ZX Platinum Pro, Sony MDS-JE530 DAC, Sony STR-GX 311 Ampifier, Sennheiser HD 570 Headphones, Creative Inspire T7700 7.1

Reply #4
Creative set the mixer volume very low by default also..

Anyway, someone was hosting the A2 ZS CD (as in Audigy2 ZS, Creative's newest offering...) at the 3dss forums (Ill let you find it , its only a few users at a time) Sorry, Im getting confused with ZS and NX, its ZS.

I dont know how well it works on a live!, if i remeber corectly the A2 software didnt work great on a Live!, but you get new options (individual speaker channel volume etc.) Its possible you've got some option messed up, eax settings from audiohq applet? Do you have a Live! or Audigy.

I dont have clue otherwise, you could try uninstalling all audigy stuff and putting on the A2 ZS stuff cleanly.

Reply #5
@musicmusic: What A2 NX Cd do you mean? Can you tell me more about this?.

Someone has uploaded Audigy2 ZS CD to the net, and somebody else has extracted drivers and published them separately.

They can be make working on Live!/Audigy1 w/o problems.

EDIT: musicmusic was faster

Reply #6
Ok, I'll try this thing out (If I find it  )!!

//edit: I found it, but the link is down.. you you know another source of this installer? Damn.. 

Reply #8
the ftp from 3dss forums is up, look in the thread Audigy2ZS a1/a2 modded install CD download site

Im connected to it now..

(note: for some odd reason you might have to confirm the (blank) password, thats what happens with smartftp here)

Reply #9
Allright, FTP works  --> ftp://156.17.42.175/ (User: SB, no password)

Reply #10
the best (simplest) way to install btw is run setup.exe and get it to open ctrun\ctrun.dbd

that is if ctrun\start.exe dont work, it didnt here (hmm it does now)

Reply #11
the best (simplest) way to install btw is run setup.exe and get it to open ctrun\ctrun.dbd

IIRC someone over on the 3dss forums said that you have to install the whole package by using <name of driver folder>/audio/setup/setup.exe. Of course if alternatives work, no difference. I did manage to get the drivers installed on my Audigy1.

Anyway, did any of you manage to get the graphic equaliser to work?

Reply #12
IIRC someone over on the 3dss forums said that you have to install the whole package by using <name of driver folder>/audio/setup/setup.exe.

thats what the ctrun runs anyway, creative make an evil web of demosheilds and installshields which run more installshields silently....

ctrun\start.exe is fine really, you get to register your product with creative too! lol

edit: probably more complicated to get eq to work, if not application modification the drivers will need to be modded (maybe something simple like swapping .dats, not sure what they do entirely, or some assoc reg key). just make eax profile if you really need it.

Reply #13
Heheh yeah actually I realised that thing about Creative after running the main setup...
Well, Graphic Equaliser is fun to have as a feature, but totally useless to me. I don't even use Foobar's equaliser.

Reply #14
Well, Graphic Equaliser is fun to have as a feature, but totally useless to me. I don't even use Foobar's equaliser.

Sometimes you need it if you have a crappy amplifier or something, i used to have to use it when i had the comp running through my hifi, to turn down the hi freqs, otherwise it sounded horrible.

I refuse to use anything to do with EAX anyway, its always given me trouble (=BSOD). Even once when just going through the profiles in the eax console..

Reply #15
Drivers work fine for me here, only the equalizer I can't get to work, but that doesn't matter, I've never used one  . Eax works fine!

Reply #16
if youre refering to my comments about eax, i guess i was refering more about eax3 & games, not important anyway.

is youre d. ks related problems fixed then?

Reply #17
I'm installing this drivers, and my KS Output Working fine
My sound hardware: Creative's Audigy 2 ;)
My music encodings: Nero AAC Codec 2.6.2.0 Profiles:Transparent,Extreme

Reply #18
Yes, KS works! I think this Thread has done its thing an can be closed! ( )