Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1347519 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_discogs

Reply #2550
Thx man, using this one already for many years...what a life saver...
Best plugin ever.

Re: TITLE feat. Artist

Reply #2551
Code: [Select]
$multi_if($multi_strcmp(%<TRACK_CREDITS_ROLES>%,'Featuring'),%TRACK_TITLE% feat. $join(%<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>%, ),%TRACK_TITLE%)
I spoke too soon. It's creating multiple values for the title of the same name if the release doesn't contain other roles it seems. Any help here would be great. Thanks.

Reply #2552
Heh, funny, I have trouble getting feat artist injection to work correctly too...
Maybe someone is keen to lend a syntax-hand... :D

I had this for a while - which is meant to add 'DISCOGS_CREDIT_FEATURING' to the title, IF it exists:

$if(%DISCOGS_CREDIT_FEATURING%,%TRACK_TITLE%' (Ft. '%DISCOGS_CREDIT_FEATURING%')',%TRACK_TITLE%))

Turns out, this only partially works... i.e. if I tag it fresh, it does not work... but, if I re-run the same through foo_discogs, it then, and only then (on 2nd run) does add the (Ft. '%DISCOGS_CREDIT_FEATURING%') tag to the title correctly.
If you see what might be causing this, and maybe even how to correct it so it does work on first run, that would be swish.
Churs.
c.

Reply #2553
only then (on 2nd run) does add the (Ft. '%DISCOGS_CREDIT_FEATURING%') tag to the title correctly.
Thanks for the code. It works for me 1st time. I've updated foobar2000 to the latest beta build v1.4 beta 11. Are you sure you have the lastest plugin for this installed?

I slightly modified it to suit my replace ' (Original Mix)' with blank setting and 'feat.' instead of your 'Ft.'

$pputs(title,$replace(%TRACK_TITLE%, '('Original Mix')',))$if(%DISCOGS_CREDIT_FEATURING%,$pget(title)' feat. '%DISCOGS_CREDIT_FEATURING%,$pget(title)))

Reply #2554
Heya,
yea, it does work if the files have discogs tag syntax previously... try tagging completely empty files, and it will fail to inject the feat artist correctly. So you will need to run it once, to get the main tags, then run it again where it injects the feat artist on top. Odd & an annoyance, but works, once just has to remembeer to run the foo_discogs tagger twice on each new tagged release...

ah, I think I know what it's due as well now... but no idea how to fix it.
When running first, the %DISCOGS_CREDIT_FEATURING% field on file is empty, so once it's run, it's filled correctly, and only then does the $if engage... just a hunch, and not sure why it's not detecting the incokming foo_discogs data correctly here, but needs it to sit in file tags seemingly for this to work.
c.

Why is the Composed By role not fetched ?

Reply #2557
Good evening everyone,

Here is another release, where a Composed By role is not fetched correctly by the fine component (while the same formatting string works great on other releases since months).
I'm talking about tracks 6-12. Tracks 1-5 will work.
The API shows all the Composed By correctly.

What is the difference why the fine component can not fetch the data?

Reply #2558
Good Sunday everyone,

I'm trying to get the "Text By" roles for each song of this release => https://www.discogs.com/x/release/9899755

But I cannot fetch it, although the API shows its there for each track. => https://api.discogs.com/releases/9899755

I've used the default formatting String and grabbed for "Text By", but no tag is written by the fine component.

Anybody an idea?
Use the default "DISCOGS_CREDIT_VOCALS" string and replace "Vocals" with "Text By". Works fine for me.

Good evening everyone,

Here is another release, where a Composed By role is not fetched correctly by the fine component (while the same formatting string works great on other releases since months).
I'm talking about tracks 6-12. Tracks 1-5 will work.
The API shows all the Composed By correctly.

What is the difference why the fine component can not fetch the data?
Currently foo_discogs doesn't support reading credits from index tracks. I will be releasing an update shortly that supports this.

Reply #2559
Heya,
yea, it does work if the files have discogs tag syntax previously... try tagging completely empty files, and it will fail to inject the feat artist correctly. So you will need to run it once, to get the main tags, then run it again where it injects the feat artist on top. Odd & an annoyance, but works, once just has to remembeer to run the foo_discogs tagger twice on each new tagged release...

ah, I think I know what it's due as well now... but no idea how to fix it.
When running first, the %DISCOGS_CREDIT_FEATURING% field on file is empty, so once it's run, it's filled correctly, and only then does the $if engage... just a hunch, and not sure why it's not detecting the incokming foo_discogs data correctly here, but needs it to sit in file tags seemingly for this to work.
c.
What you're doing is reading the value of the DISCOGS_CREDIT_FEATURING tag when creating your TITLE tag, but the DISCOGS_CREDIT_FEATURING tag hasn't been written yet so it's blank. None of the tags actually get written to file until the end.

What you can do is use the special $pput(N,V) function to store the value of the DISCOGS_CREDIT_FEATURING tag when it's created, then use the $pget(N) function to retrieve the value when creating the TITLE tag. Note that the DISCOGS_CREDIT_FEATURING tag should come first in the list of tags for this to work.

Reply #2560
Hi zoomorph,

another f2k-crash from your fine component.

(I deleted the foo_discogs.dll.cfg and only re-authorize for O-Auth.)

When the component writes the tags for this release, foobar2000 crashes.

It would be nice, if someone could double-check, but don't be offended by the tracktitles... 8-]

(componet version 2.13 from Feb 22 2017 and f2k 1.4b7 but also stable 1.3.x crashes)
No crash for me. Can anyone else confirm a crash?

It could be related to a specific custom tag you have defined... Perhaps you could share your tags with me and I can try it.

Reply #2561
Hi,
again, I have a release, which tracknumbering seems correct to me on the discogs website, but the fine component won't tag the files accordingly.
Also, when I try to edit the release, I cannot find any non-printing chars or something that looks like a reason, the first track is shown as a separate one.

please see screenshot.

makes no sense to me, would someone be so kind and explain to me, why?
This is another unfortunate case where the tracklist can't be parsed correctly because Discogs doesn't have a logical tracklist format.

Hi zoomorph,
a smalish error in the foo_discogs_help.html:
the example for $multi_wrap(A,S) is the same as for $multi_pad(A,N).
an example for $multi_pad(A,N) is missing
Will be fixed, thanks!

Reply #2562
hi zoomorph,
deleting the discogs.cfg, I found out, that the default string for Configuration->Searching->Master release formatting string
is
[master] $join($append(%MASTER_RELEASE_TITLE%,%MASTER_RELEASE_YEAR%))
but master releases do not show up as "[master]" in the Find Release Window.

So it should be:
'['master']' $join($append(%MASTER_RELEASE_TITLE%,%MASTER_RELEASE_YEAR%))

Also (for the picky ones) some default strings mentioned in the documentation html file are outdated.
Will be fixed. Thanks!

Hello everyone,

this release has cat# set to "ESO109" as you can also see via the api.

With foo_discogs default configuration, no cat# is shown in the Find Release Window,
Although %RELEASE_SEARCH_CATNOS% is in the formatting string.
Other releases reveal their cat#.

Anybody an idea, why?
(and how to get the cat# shown)

It's a problem on Discogs' end. No catalog numbers are provided by the API:
https://api.discogs.com/artists/164971/releases

Reply #2563
hi zoomorph,

this one is crashing f2k:

I'm trying to change the "Discogs track formatting string:" (Configuration->Matching) and while just pasting the single string "%DISC_FORMAT_QUANTITY%"* into the field, and loading a release , foobar crashes.
It would require too big of changes to make this work correctly, so for now it will just return unknown (?), rather than crashing. :-)

Reply #2564
Version 2.14 is released which contains a few minor fixes mentioned in the above posts.

Reply #2566

With foo_discogs default configuration, no cat# is shown in the Find Release Window,

Anybody an idea, why?

@zoomorph
You mixed up the Releases, there is a Cat.No,
see my quote:

Reply #2567

Anybody an idea, why?

@zoomorph
You mixed up the Releases, there is a Cat.No,
see my quote:
No I didn't, it's a different API endpoint which is where the information you're asking about is taken from. Normally this endpoint returns catalog number but it's not here, which is a problem on Discogs' end.

Reply #2568
Quick question, can this component be used to only fetch the discogs artist id?

Reply #2569
Quick question, can this component be used to only fetch the discogs artist id?
Yes. You can disable all the other tag mappings (create duplicates that are blank if necessary for ones that can't be disabled).

Reply #2570
Any way to fix that error
(FATAL) Error: Authorization Failed (401) Is OAuth working?
Only way to parse data is through "release ID" field pasting url. Internal search do not work...

Reply #2571
Any way to fix that error
(FATAL) Error: Authorization Failed (401) Is OAuth working?
Only way to parse data is through "release ID" field pasting url. Internal search do not work...
Did you configure OAuth? Try searching this thread if having problems with that.

Reply #2572
Hi !

In Configuration->tagging tab i have selected "remove any pre-existing tags" but wanted exclude some tags from this process.
So i wrote in exclusions field following string:
"LYRICS,UNSYNCED LYRICS,MP3GAIN_MINMAX,MP3GAIN_UNDO,ENCODER,RATING,REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN,REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK"
and it seems not working properly.
First time all excluded tags stay in place but when i repeat this action again (get tags for the same album again) all tags disapearing.

Is that some bug or i'm doing sth wrong?

P.S. I'm using tagging scheme APE+ID3v1

Reply #2573
Hi !

In Configuration->tagging tab i have selected "remove any pre-existing tags" but wanted exclude some tags from this process.
"LYRICS,UNSYNCED LYRICS,MP3GAIN_MINMAX,MP3GAIN_UNDO,ENCODER,RATING,REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN,REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK"
First time all excluded tags stay in place but when i repeat this action again (get tags for the same album again) all tags disapearing.

Strange. foo_discogs shouldn't be removing tags. Perhaps it's something specific to your tagging scheme....

Reply #2574
Hi !

Strange. foo_discogs shouldn't be removing tags. Perhaps it's something specific to your tagging scheme....

Wow! This is all that I can get?
I know that this is free developement but
why bother when nobody cares.
The only reason I posted info about tagging scheme was
to help developer to recreate problem and fix the bug.
This is not some strange tagging scheme or big error.
It's just a bug. I would understand if You wrote "sorry , can't recreate this bug, need more info or sample"
But this answer?!!! Really? Well. Thanks. Sorry for idiotic thinking that sb fix problem or even try.
Bye. Have a nice life.