Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Customizing Playback in Foobar (Read 1355 times) previous topic - next topic

Customizing Playback in Foobar

I would love to see foobar treating each file individually on playback.

Let's say I want for track A during playback a certain DSP-chain activated and + 4.0db preamp added if a replaygain-value is found.

For the following track B I want a different DSP-Chain activated - including the equalizer with a certain setting, and no preamp although there is a replaygain-value there that is used.

For the following track C I want no DSP's at all and also no replaygain at all, although there is a replaygain-value.

For the following track D I want fb2k to use replaygain... but not album-gain mode and not track-gain mode, but my very own personal-gain mode that I want for this particular track on this particular playback-occasion.

The point is that I wish I could tell fb2k once with which settings it should play an individual file. Foobar than could "memorize" (in lack of a better term) it and use these informations during playback to individualize playback for each track.

Why? Because the listener (we) are individuals and we might want to hear our music via individual fb2k-settings. One track might lack some bass, the other one treble; on one track equalizer sounds better, on the other the convolver; on on track I might want to use continuator for transition to the next one, on the other not; and so on. It's about making the listening-experience as individual as the track is and as the listener is.

I have no idea how to do this (maybe with tags?) and you might even tell me that this is already possible... although I searched and didn't find something that comes close what I mean.

Thank you,
Tom.
Back off haters - strictly love we deal with.