Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Feature Request] Match Built-In Visualizations to Monitor Refresh Rate (Read 874 times) previous topic - next topic

[Feature Request] Match Built-In Visualizations to Monitor Refresh Rate

Foobar2000 already allows you to set an update interval for visualizations in the Advanced settings, but it is coarse, allowing only integer values in ms. This means that even at the standard refresh rate of 60Hz, you can not get exactly one update per screen refresh, making visualizations somewhat juddery. Currently the only way to get a smooth, one-update-per-refresh visualization is to set your display's refresh rate to an integer factor of 1000.

If it is possible, I would love to see implemented a way to set the interval to exactly the refresh rate, and perhaps for monitors with very high refresh rates, values such as 1/2 or 1/n refresh rate.

Lastly, I would like to give positive feedback that with Hardware Acceleration On, the built-in visualizations look fantastic and smooth for me when I do set my monitor to 200Hz refresh rate. Nice.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Re: [Feature Request] Match Built-In Visualizations to Monitor Refresh Rate

Reply #2
I suppose if foobar doesn't have a way to see the display refresh rate, allowing the user to set a rate in Hz instead of ms would work almost as well.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.