Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 For Linux (deb&rpm) ! (Read 1542 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 For Linux (deb&rpm) !

I Love Foobar2000 ! I am extremely looking forward to the arrival of Foobar2000 for Linux and making it the most professional local music player under the Linux system. And it is best to package it into two installation packages: deb and rpm, and it is best to include necessary library files to reduce library dependencies. It is great that mainstream Linux distributions such as Ubuntu and Fedora can natively support Foobar2000. Thank you. In addition, Red Hat Enterprise Linux For Workstation is a must-have operating system for me, and I particularly hope that Foobar2000 can support it, the rpm package, rather than Flathub. Thank you.

Re: Foobar2000 For Linux (deb&rpm) !

Reply #2
And - in case Arch(-based) distros are an option - the smoothest installation experience is the AUR package foobar2000. With a typical helper, installation (and updating) becomes a simple
Code: [Select]
yay foobar2000

Reply #4
And - in case Arch(-based) distros are an option - the smoothest installation experience is the AUR package foobar2000. With a typical helper, installation (and updating) becomes a simple
Code: [Select]
yay foobar2000
Thank you. What I need is the native Linux version of Foobar2000. Since there is Foobar2000 for Mac, why can't there be Foobar2000 for Linux? I know this requires a certain amount of work, but it can definitely be achieved.

Reply #5
There isn't one, and if I remember correctly Peter stated categorically there isn't going to be one (perhaps somebody can dredge up the relevant post).  The more platforms there are, the more ongoing support is required – and everyone has limits.

FB2K runs in WIne, take it or leave it.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #6
I have already become a multi platform coding cyborg, dealing with Android, iOS, Mac and UWP - apart from Windows desktop which I sorely miss as it's the only thing I feel really competent at.

Mac port happened because I've become halfway competent at making Mac UI while working on unrelated commercial projects. With Linux I'd have to learn from scratch.

Anyway, I'm not outright declining Linux port, but it's not happening during forseeable future.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #7
I have already become a multi platform coding cyborg, dealing with Android, iOS, Mac and UWP - apart from Windows desktop which I sorely miss as it's the only thing I feel really competent at.

Mac port happened because I've become halfway competent at making Mac UI while working on unrelated commercial projects. With Linux I'd have to learn from scratch.

Anyway, I'm not outright declining Linux port, but it's not happening during forseeable future.

I understand, thank you!