Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: my current Foobar2000 issues (Read 2430 times) previous topic - next topic

my current Foobar2000 issues

New to the forum, so will try to and not waste anyone's time as much as possible since not sure where my issues need to be posted.

1. Using default UI, have tried using Columns UI but like default UI better. Any possible way to increase size of "playback buttons & more" so they are easier to touch on my Windows tablet (Surface Go 2)? I'm pretty sure that it isn't possible in default UI but just wanted to make sure. If not, then it would nice to be able to do this for tablets and such.
2. JPEGXL, HEIC, AVIF, embedded thumbnail support. Understand this may not be on the development timeline or may have other technical issues outside of Foobar's control. Just would be a nice to have for smaller size thumbnail art.  :)
3. WebP embedded thumbnail art I know is supported, however in Windows file explorer .ogg opus codec audio files will not display the art as thumbnails. I use Imageglass as default photo viewer which supports WebP, Icaros as additional thumbnailer which supports WebP, in addition to raw codecs from Google as registered DLLs and regular WebP pictures display correctly. Not sure if the problem is with Foobar2000 or is a Windows etc. issue but wanted to make sure that is isn't a unreported bug. JPEG thumbnails work fine and as expected.

Thank you in advance for your time!

Re: my current Foobar2000 issues

Reply #1
You can't change the playback button sizes in DUI, but you can replace them with ones of different colors or markings to make them easier for you to see (use the context "Customize buttons" from the toolbar and then "change icon").  There are lots of Foobar ico file packages on the Internet for download.

You can add .jxl image support to Foobar like this:

1.  Download jxl_winthumb.dll:  https://github.com/saschanaz/jxl-winthumb/releases

2.  Move file to windows\system32

3.  Open a command prompt as an Administrator and run:

regsvr32 jxl_winthumb.dll

4.  Restart PC

Reply #2
You'll want the latest 2.2 preview version for JXL/HEIF/.AVIF support. It was working in fb2k 2.0 but that version should be avoided because of other bugs. And 2.1/ earlier 2.2 previews only have partial support.

Reply #3
You can also use that JScript Panel 3 for bigger buttons (link in previous post by marc2k3 who made the thing) - though you have to mess with the JS if you want to add extra buttons.

Reply #5
You can also use that JScript Panel 3 for bigger buttons (link in previous post by marc2k3 who made the thing) - though you have to mess with the JS if you want to add extra buttons.
Out of curiosity: having added larger buttons using a JScript panel (I've been meaning to do that), is it then possible to remove the standard buttons (DUI)?  I haven't looked lately, but I think that was a stumbling block.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #6
Default UI allows removing the standard buttons from the toolbar. It always has. What some people have had problems with is that the toolbar itself can't be removed. You will always have the menu bar with File, Edit, View, Playback, Library and Help entries.
If you want more control you'll need Columns UI.

Reply #7
What some people have had problems with is that the toolbar itself can't be removed.
Ah yes, that was it.  Thanks.  (I have to rely on "external memory" for a lot of things!)
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #8
You can't change the playback button sizes in DUI, but you can replace them with ones of different colors or markings to make them easier for you to see (use the context "Customize buttons" from the toolbar and then "change icon").  There are lots of Foobar ico file packages on the Internet for download.

You can add .jxl image support to Foobar like this:

1.  Download jxl_winthumb.dll:  https://github.com/saschanaz/jxl-winthumb/releases

2.  Move file to windows\system32

3.  Open a command prompt as an Administrator and run:

regsvr32 jxl_winthumb.dll

4.  Restart PC

I have been using the registering of the .dll for a while now. Music .ogg files do display the album art still.

You'll want the latest 2.2 preview version for JXL/HEIF/.AVIF support. It was working in fb2k 2.0 but that version should be avoided because of other bugs. And 2.1/ earlier 2.2 previews only have partial support.

I am on latest beta release and it looks like JXL is recognized and thumbnail displays in Artwork but the .ogg file in Windows explorer still displays no artwork. Not sure why it isn't displaying.

For JSP3, are the DUI panels supported? I installed the component and right click the bottom panel with the buttons and didn't see a "configure" option.

: )

Reply #9
It's unclear what stage you're at but yes, default UI is supported. I do assume people are familiar with layout editing mode but links are included here...

https://jscript-panel.github.io/docs/#installation

After adding a new panel for the first time, you can click it or use the right click menu....

When you've opened the configuration window...

https://jscript-panel.github.io/docs/configuration-window/

You can click the Samples button to choose the script you want. Then click OK.

Reply #10
It's unclear what stage you're at but yes, default UI is supported. I do assume people are familiar with layout editing mode but links are included here...

https://jscript-panel.github.io/docs/#installation

After adding a new panel for the first time, you can click it or use the right click menu....

When you've opened the configuration window...

https://jscript-panel.github.io/docs/configuration-window/

You can click the Samples button to choose the script you want. Then click OK.

Thank you very much, I knew about the editing mode just didn't think that it would be a separate panel. I've figured out most of it except this one really weird thing weird all the buttons are rectangles. Is this normal or?