Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 5 new flac files, only one is listed as added today (Read 903 times) previous topic - next topic

5 new flac files, only one is listed as added today

Hi,

I have added 5 flac files to my media library. The folder and 5 files are new. I don't have the particular work on my disk. After rescan, they can all be found.

BUT only one has been added today according to Playback Statistics:

2024-06-15 12:52:21
4 have been added at: 2023-02-27 13:55:14

So the question is, how does it distinguish files? Is it possible there is collisions? After all it's a Shostakovich symphony and file names tend to be all the same.

Thx

Re: 5 new flac files, only one is listed as added today

Reply #1
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components/Playback_Statistics_v3.x_(foo_playcount)#New_playback_statistics_data_pinning_scheme_introduced_in_version_3.0

Playback statistics are now pinned to a combination of artist + album + disc number + track number + track title information, contrary to pre-3.0 versions which would pin data to file paths.

The consequences of this behavior are:

Statistics are shared between redundant copies of the same tracks - useful when you keep separate copies of your music in different formats such as lossy + lossless.
    Automatic carrying over of statistics when acquiring the same music in another format, as long as tags match.
    No risk of data loss when moving files around or between computers.

Re: 5 new flac files, only one is listed as added today

Reply #2
Thanks, that seems to explain it. It's the problem of classical music listeners maybe. Reminds me of Poweramp on Android, which displays wrong embedded album art for tracks which share the same metadata. (E.g. different performances of a Shostakovich work may be tagged with similar album/composer/artist/title tags, they differ in rather custom tags, I use %conductor%, %ensemble% %work% etc.)