Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is it possible to automatically check the audio file referenced in a CUE sheet? (Read 661 times) previous topic - next topic

Is it possible to automatically check the audio file referenced in a CUE sheet?

Hi All, I am having a small issue with some audio file having (and needing) CUE sheet.
Months ago I copied old rips I did many years ago having file name encoded in a format (accents and special chars) that is now generating issues (probably non UTF8 vs UTF8 char coding).
So, what's happening now is that Foobar report "file not found", however if I do a regular folder scan, the CUE sheet results without errors, probably because Foobar doesn't check for effective "availability" of the audio file set in
"FILE "XXXX.flac" WAVE.

So, my question, is there an utility for Foobar or stand alone that can do autonomously such a check?
Then, obviously, I will correct the file name(s) manually. I am not pretending for an automated fixing.

Thanks and regards, Andrea

Re: Is it possible to automatically check the audio file referenced in a CUE sheet?

Reply #1
CUETools can automatically correct cue files to make them use actual file name. And there is batch mode.

Re: Is it possible to automatically check the audio file referenced in a CUE sheet?

Reply #2
Hello @Bogozo , thanks for your tip. I will give it a try.
By the way, do you know if I can run it (batch mode) against an entire HDD?
Regards, Andrea