Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs (Read 131746 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs

Reply #425
Hello
I searched and searched and finally found a thread for Foobar2000 2.0 beta. I forgot to backup and then updated from the 1.6.1 stable version to 2.0 beta 24.
I've lost my last played and play count numbers. Are there issues with Foobar2000 v2 beta 24?
Can anyone help?
Kind Regards
funkyblue and a member since 2001.

Reply #427
I'm using 2.0 beta 17 and probably ought to update, but this once again has implications for playback statistics. Should I reinstall the Playback Statistics component before updating to a new beta, or after? I want to make sure this goes as smoothly as possible, noting some issues people have experienced.

Reply #428
I've installed newest version of foo_playcount after 2.0 beta 24. Without foo_playcount the rating and playcount columns in playlist view showed errors. The Playback Statistics database remains intact.

Reply #429
I've installed newest version of foo_playcount after 2.0 beta 24. Without foo_playcount the rating and playcount columns in playlist view showed errors. The Playback Statistics database remains intact.
That seems right. Statistics was removed on beta 18 (?). So anything after that should not retrieve rating or playcount, unless you have the plugin. Correct me if i'm wrong.
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Version_2.0_Beta_Change_Log#Beta_24

Although I think the plugin should be simply integrated into foobar at this point, with the current behavior (not the one linked to paths). It would put an end to all these problems with ratings, statistics disappearing, mixed versions, tag remaps, etc. And the same for the $meta(), %RATING% inconsistencies... lets simply add a new tag remap called %RATING_FILE% which points to "ratin" tags on files, if it exists, and done. Or just a single setting to either use database or read from files. And all tags pointing to that. Much cleaner.

In any case at least it should be installed by default (and opt-out setting).

Reply #430
Maybe update foo_playcount

Thanks. That was it :)

My other question, is I've installed a heap of plugins over the years and not really used them. Is there a simply way to clean my directory and remove anything unused?

That seems right. Statistics was removed on beta 18 (?). So anything after that should not retrieve rating or playcount, unless you have the plugin. Correct me if i'm wrong.
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Version_2.0_Beta_Change_Log#Beta_24

Although I think the plugin should be simply integrated into foobar at this point, with the current behavior (not the one linked to paths). It would put an end to all these problems with ratings, statistics disappearing, mixed versions, tag remaps, etc. And the same for the $meta(), %RATING% inconsistencies... lets simply add a new tag remap called %RATING_FILE% which points to "ratin" tags on files, if it exists, and done. Or just a single setting to either use database or read from files. And all tags pointing to that. Much cleaner.

In any case at least it should be installed by default (and opt-out setting).

I'd have to agree. It should be in the default installation. I do not use much apart from the default plugins.

Reply #431
My other question, is I've installed a heap of plugins over the years and not really used them. Is there a simply way to clean my directory and remove anything unused?
In the Installed Components window, right-click the ones you don't use and choose "remove."  Then, in the Profile folder, open the Configuration subfolder and delete any existing .cfg files that correspond to the removed plugins.

Reply #432
Built-in DTS decoder doesn't report lossless profile of DTSHDMA nor its bitdepth if it is in *.dts container and thus, when using conversion to other lossless, bitdepth is truncated to 16 bits (unless manually set to 24 bits) even if source DTSHDMA is 24 bit.

Reply #433
For some reason, FPS drops noticeably in games if you run Foobar version 2.0 beta 24 at the same time as the game. With version 1.16.16 and earlier there are no such problems.

Reply #434
In the Installed Components window, right-click the ones you don't use and choose "remove."  Then, in the Profile folder, open the Configuration subfolder and delete any existing .cfg files that correspond to the removed plugins.

There are lots in folders in the plugin directory that aren't used and aren't listed. Do I just delete?

Reply #435
There are lots in folders in the plugin directory that aren't used and aren't listed. Do I just delete?
You mean the "user-components" directory, right?  If the component folder name is not listed in Preference/Installed Components, I assume that means it is not compatible with v2.0 beta 24 since your upgrade from "1.6.1."  To be on the safe side, why not just move those to some temp folder outside of Foobar and see if Foobar continues to work the way you expect.  If so, you could go ahead and delete them.

Reply #436
The behavior was painful when using nothing but "Refacets + PlaylistView".

Assuming I already selected and was already playing some track, which shows in the PlaylistView.

Correct behavior (when using the old Facets + PlaylistView):

Whenever my current selection in Facets panel changed (by clicking another item in the Facets list, or by searching)...
1. It will switch the PlaylistView to the list with my selection (or search) results. PlaylistView reflects the change, by automatically switch to the playlist called "Library selection".
2. The current playling list will move to the playlist "Library selection (playing)". So I can go back to it anytime.
3. When double clicking an item in Facets, it sends all corresponding tracks to the playlist, and play from the first track.

Problematic behavior (when using Refacets + PlaylistView):

1. When using the Refacet search box. It won't automatically send the search results to the playlist called "Library selection", and activate it. (Selecting an item in the Refacets list works properly, though.)
2. Refacets will never move my current playing list to the playlist "Library selection (playing)". So I can't go back to it by double clicking the status bar. Even worse, the current playing track won't repeat, even if I set the playback order to "Repeat (track)", since it's not in the playlist anymore.
3. When double clicking an item in Facets, it sends all corresponding tracks to the playlist, and... selects all of them??

Suggestions on how to fix Refacets:
1. You basically need to recreate the "Selection action: Send to selection playlist, keep playing playlist" feature in the old Facets. And the "Play" feature right next to it as well. Currently there's only a "Send to selection playlist" option which really couldn't get the job done.
2. Also make sure searching in the searchbox also performs the selection action.

(What version am I using: Was using beta 12, recently updated to beta 24, problem remains the same. I should have reported it back then.)

Reply #437
beta24, 32bit portable.

Since at least Beta17, if I double click or press enter on files in explorer there is a 1.5 second or so lag before Foobar starts playing it. I have it configured not to bring to front, and I usually run Foobar closed out to the tray. Since I'm in the habit of playing many short sounds in sound libraries, this lag every time I do so is pretty huge. Definitely didn't experience this with 1.6.x. I think the only difference is this is installed portable and I used the open with and set it to always open the file type in Foobar with this portable version.

I notice that the current playing sound doesn't stop playing immediately either. It's as though Foobar doesn't start to do anything for at least 1.5 seconds.

If I use the play command while a file was already loaded, it is instantaneous.

I did not upgrade from 1.6, this was a fresh upgrade as of version 2.0beta6 or so iirc.

Reply #438
Maybe someone know how to fix "SimPlaylist" to be also in dark mod ?.
If not possible, does default "Playlist View" can display track time like on screenshot ?

Thank you.

Reply #440
Right, not work with Playlist View :( 
SimPlaylist is old component and not work in dark mode to match nice :'(

Reply #442
not work

Reply #444
but I want this also in playlist

Reply #445
It had already been established in your conversation with grimes that it was not possible. Then he posted...

I've %playback_time%[ / -%playback_time_remaining% / %length%] in statusbar.

If you post "not work" in response to that, how do you think it makes you look?

Reply #446
It was not establishedi in conversation at all, because grimes paste some code for statusbar and not clear say where to use it, and I thought to use it for playlist, and I answered not work.
If we have foobar2000 v2, would be nice to improve add this to default playlist, also add color text highlight for playing element on playlist. Thank you.

Reply #447
I second request for %playback_time% (etc) - strange to not have it when every other playlist does. Maybe two decades ago it made sense to only have status bar updates, but nowadays...? (I know however this is the bug reporting thread, not the wishlist thread!)

"Highlighting" has always been there - see wiki or here for an example.

Reply #448
fb2k beta24+foo_playcount v3.1.3, the song rating is 4, after modifying the album date, the song rating disappeared.

Reply #449
fb2k beta24+foo_playcount v3.1.3, the song rating is 4, after modifying the album date, the song rating disappeared.
Ratings and all playcount data is lost if you use any program other than the currently running fb2k instance to change: Date, Title, Artist, or Album Name.

However if inside foobar you change say the Date back to what it was before you changed it externally, the ratings and playcounts will return to what they were (so long as you do this within 4 weeks of the last time foobar saw the file). Then you can change the Date back to what it should and the ratings and playcounts will not be lost.

Nevermind, just repro'd this by changing the date from inside foobar too. Oddly it does stick after the first edit, so you can change date from:
2022 -> 2021 playcounts lost
2021 -> 2022 playcounts return
2022 -> 2021 playcounts stick

Only seems to effect foo_playcount's metadb hash though as foo_enhanced_playcount data isn't lost. Definitely appears to be a bug in that component as opposed to foobar itself.