Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 0.62 problem (Read 7132 times) previous topic - next topic

0.62 problem

Anyone else (with .62) experiencing random GUI freezes where the previous screen is displayed upon the fb2k GUI and refusing to close and being forced to control+alt+del out and kill it?

i've noticed it when switching streams mainly but not to say it doesnt occur in other instances. i've had it happen 4-5 times to me in the last 2 hours or so. i can't say this happened in 0.61a.

anyone with the similiar problem?

[20:06] <@flow``> OS: Windows Server 2003 Enterprise 5.2 (Build #3790) CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1600+, 1.41 GHz Video: Plug and Play on nVidia GeForce2 Ultra (1280x1024x32bpp 75Hz) Sound: kX Wave SB0060 5.1 [dc00] 0/1 Memory: Used: 175/768MB Uptime: 2h 16m 12s 60ms HD: Free: [C:] 22.98/27.95 GB [D:] 3.19/38.16 GB Connection: NETGEAR FA311/312 PCI Adapter @ 100.0 Mbps (Rec: 104.86MB Sent: 5.68MB)

0.62 problem

Reply #1
Ok so after testing it for an hour or so this happens randomly to me too.  Not sure why.  It happens when things are running and when it's all alone.  Didn't happen with .61a.  I'm using directsound.

0.62 problem

Reply #2
I have noticed the same thing with ver .62  I am using Kernel Streaming output with 512 megs of ram.  I have sinced switched to Direct Sound Output and it appears also.  Im not sure what the problem is.  Most of my files are ogg vorbis, Im not sure if that has to do with anything.  BTW, the only DSP enabled is Attenuator.  I will try to disable that and test further. 

Ok, I have since disabled attenuator and it still appears to freeze the gui, as the music still plays

system specs
Windows XP Pro SP1, Piii 733, 512 ram,

0.62 problem

Reply #3
LOL.  It almost managed to bring my computer to a sudden halt a second ago.      Kind of funny if I didn't actually want to listen to music right now.

Might as well add my system specs:  Windows XP on an Athlon XP 1700 with 256mb ram.

0.62 problem

Reply #4
I get the same problem as soon as I open the console window.  The console shows "clipping detected" repeatedly and foobar2000 goes into a loop using 100% of the CPU. The GUI is unresponsive at this point. The changelog says that this message is supposed to appear once per track, but this is not what is occurring.

0.62 problem

Reply #5
Good point.  Same here that's exactly what's happening.

Putting soft clipping limiter at the bottom of my active dsp list fixed it temporarily for me.  Kind of a bad fix, but for an hour or two I don't mind.  B)

0.62 problem

Reply #6
i'm just glad to know im not the only one with the problem

0.62 problem

Reply #7
i've found it to be repeatable by just right clicking on either the status icon or the program in the task bar.

anyone else?

0.62 problem

Reply #8
I'd check, but the installer download is missing, so maybe it's getting updated

0.62 problem

Reply #9
I'm getting the same problem with WaveOut and DirectX.  Had to switch to Winamp temporarily.  I hope this gets fixed (I know it will).

I just updated on a whim, too.  Next time I need to research a little more.

System Specs, for the hell of it...

p3 1.1 ghz
Windows 2000
256 MB Ram
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

0.62 problem

Reply #10
same here, with foobar 0.62 only

winxp pro + sp1, 1.4 intel celeron, tb santa cruz, 384mb ram
kernal streaming, 16bit fixed point + ath noise shaping, resampler, advanced limiter

0.62 problem

Reply #11
I have the same problem

0.62 problem

Reply #12
Me too but it only seems to happen with files with a lot of "sound" in them, i.e. rock and such. Slow, quiet music seems to work better...
Heh.. bring up the consol window when foobar starts taking a lot of cpu resources, I think the problem is located...
M-Audio Audiophile 24/96
Nad C350
B&W DM602S2

0.62 problem

Reply #14
downloaded the update patch, and for now the problem is solved

many thx

0.62 problem

Reply #15
0.62a fixes the problem for me as well. "Clipping deteted" only appears once per track in the console window. Thanks.

0.62 problem

Reply #16
works great! thanks!~
Regards,

Yash ADJ
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']ADJ A-spec II v2.7[/span]

0.62 problem

Reply #17
Hey, sorry guys, guess I am severely wrong, the patch works great, its just that when I extracted it,,, I extracted with path.......... -__- (dumb me
sorry.

Original Msg:

I am still having the same problem somehow.

With the patch, the player freezes only when i am playing certain files (usually high volumed). I think, it could be to do with the level of volume of certain files???

Anyway, by turning Extra Stereo DSP off, i can get around with this problem, so could this be to do with the Extra Stereo Plugin???

Actually, I just realized, that I had to turn off all the dsp in order to get it working./

0.62 problem

Reply #18
Appears to be fixed...awesome, and quick work.

0.62 problem

Reply #19
What about adding file position to the console clipping indicator?
(Don't need a hotfix, just a something to add to the next version)
ruxvilti'a