Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Placement of pasted tracks in playlist (Read 1332 times) previous topic - next topic

Placement of pasted tracks in playlist

There is only one thing I don't like in foobar. The way that dragged or pasted files are treated - to be exact - the place where they are placed.
I use DUI with basic playlist renderer ("Playlist View"). When I focus some track on playlist and then I paste some other tracks - from 2nd playlist for example - then pasted files are placed always above focused track. And I always expect it below focused track... Current foobar's behaviour is something unusual. Even if I paste slide inside PowerPoint presentation, pasted slide is placed below the one which is focused. This is something naturally expectable. I would like to change it - permanently or to add some switch in danced preferences which enable changing this odd behavior...

Reply #1
i have no idea what you mean when you say above the focused track? when dragging, a black line appears between tracks and this is where dropped tracks go.

Reply #2
And where is that line when I paste something (CTRL+V command)? OK, with dragging that was obvious mistake from my side.  But not with pasting. Fortunately word "dragging" was used only in 2nd sentence - all other are clearly only about pasting.

Reply #3
I changed the topic title to reduce further confusion. Is the new title acceptable for you?

I can understand your frustration with the paste command. Sometimes I am annoyed by its behavior, at other times it is exactly what I want.

Reply #4
Yes, current topic title is exactly about my problem.
Additionally - I see that I made a typo in opening post - it will be Ok if there was additional switch in Advanced preferences which would enable changing this odd behavior... Switch would be better if we take to an account those, who may be familiar and accustomed with foobar's current behavior.

Reply #5
In this particular case I would welcome any official comment... This is very very confusing and foobar is the only application that I use, that do it in such way.