Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_tabs [NOTMYRELEASE] (Read 103911 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_tabs [NOTMYRELEASE]

Reply #50
>Stuart60611

Hi, I already managed to "clone" my foobar on other computers. My tabbed panel stack is displayed as it should, though I often have to fix some few things depending on the windows visual style and fonts.

It might be an issue dealing with components version numbers. Actually, I use an auto-extractible rar containing my whole foobar directory (but not the main program files, since the license prohibits it). So, everytime I install foobar on a new computer, the components version numbers correspond to those contained in foobar2000.cfg .
Maybe different version numbers between cfg file and actual dll files results in dropping tabbed panels, as it does when you delete a panel component that used to be contained in a tab.

I never tried to clone my foobar by only copying foobar2000.cfg, so I it's just a supposition. But I'm quite sure foo_uie_tabs configuration is stored in this cfg file, not elsewhere.

Reply #51
>Stuart60611

Hi, I already managed to "clone" my foobar on other computers. My tabbed panel stack is displayed as it should, though I often have to fix some few things depending on the windows visual style and fonts.

It might be an issue dealing with components version numbers. Actually, I use an auto-extractible rar containing my whole foobar directory (but not the main program files, since the license prohibits it). So, everytime I install foobar on a new computer, the components version numbers correspond to those contained in foobar2000.cfg .
Maybe different version numbers between cfg file and actual dll files results in dropping tabbed panels, as it does when you delete a panel component that used to be contained in a tab.

I never tried to clone my foobar by only copying foobar2000.cfg, so I it's just a supposition. But I'm quite sure foo_uie_tabs configuration is stored in this cfg file, not elsewhere.

Thanks a lot.  I guess what I am going to do is the same.  Will be a lot easier!  What program files are prohibited from distribution?

Reply #52
another new user here - tried searching/browsing for this but it is pretty specific:
I grabbed the foo uie tab 2.5 and have Album List panel.
Is it possible to create tabs in the Album List panel to alphabetize the album list? e.g. a tab for A-G, another for H-N, etc,  so that under each tab is the album list displaying only say, artist names A-G, then H-N, etc. ?  ... well right now I use directory structure view cuz it makes the most sense for me right now.

Reply #53
the new options on this plugin are priceless.

i can start my entire columns UI layout off under two hidden tabs. so there are basically 2 completly different layouts in one. i use keyboard shortcuts to swap between a large text mode for the TV and smaller textmode and more controls for the desktop mode.

i use girder to control both my remote and keyboard media keys, so when i use the remote to control foobar, it automatically switches to the large text mode, with 18 point fonts for the album list and single column playlist. when i press the media button on the keyboard it switches to to small fonts with columns UI playlist and playlist tree.

ive been trying to find a way to manage 2 different versions for foobar for many years but nothing worked because i wanted certain parts of the config shared. this works great for me.

Reply #54
These new versions became incredible and very useful! Now i can avoid to see tabs under tabs - looks ugly! 

I have two feature requests.

The first is a simple one: in the main menu can you add numbers to the name of tabs that show to wich panel they belong.  So it would make the creation of shortcuts and buttons easier if you have multiple instances of one component.

The other feature would just be incredible:

Defining dependencies between tabs in the prefences page. I mean that: you define a tab and then set other tabs that also should be opened if the first one is activated (without backwards dependency)

Reply #55
the new options on this plugin are priceless.

i can start my entire columns UI layout off under two hidden tabs. so there are basically 2 completly different layouts in one. i use keyboard shortcuts to swap between a large text mode for the TV and smaller textmode and more controls for the desktop mode.

i use girder to control both my remote and keyboard media keys, so when i use the remote to control foobar, it automatically switches to the large text mode, with 18 point fonts for the album list and single column playlist. when i press the media button on the keyboard it switches to to small fonts with columns UI playlist and playlist tree.

ive been trying to find a way to manage 2 different versions for foobar for many years but nothing worked because i wanted certain parts of the config shared. this works great for me.

Do you mind sharing the details and some screenshot of your setting?

I'm particularly interested in the switching matter because, by now, I'm using a Samurize screensaver to show playing song info in very big letters and to have a feedback even when I tag some files (rating, situation or else) with my remote (did you ever go back to that shop...?) from the bedroom.

Thanks.

Reply #56
How Do I unhide the Tabbar?
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #57
View->tabbed panel stack mod->show/hide

Reply #58
gracias.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #59
I want to create a layout with uie_tabs as the root node of the layout. This way I'm thinking I can easily switch layouts. The problem is, in my fullscreen fb2k the tabs and subhierarchies only appear in the upper left corner. The big rest of fb2k is grey. What can I do?

The layout:

Code: [Select]
Tabbed panel stack mod
   Vertical splitter
      stuff
   Vertical splitter
      other stuff

Reply #60
Squeller: Interesting bug

I played around with the layout you described and there does indeed appear to be some sort of bug when the layout is initially created. However you can resize the foobar window and the panels will redraw to their proper size. I also tested and foobar appears to remember the proper size after restarting.

Reply #61
I want to create a layout with uie_tabs as the root node of the layout. This way I'm thinking I can easily switch layouts. The problem is, in my fullscreen fb2k the tabs and subhierarchies only appear in the upper left corner. The big rest of fb2k is grey. What can I do?
Use a vertical splitter as the root node with the tabbed panel stack as the only child. That fixed the problem for me.

Reply #62
Yes, I found the solution myself and made a vert. splitter as root. Thanks people...

Reply #63
Has anyone discovered a way to programatically determine either what the currently active tab is, or if a given tab is active? I would like to whip up some titleformatting code that changes based on the currently active tab but have not had much success.

Also, is this component being actively developed? Does anyone know who the original author was? The source code is included with the latest version, will anyone become upset if development is taken over by someone else?

Reply #64
Has anyone discovered a way to programatically determine either what the currently active tab is, or if a given tab is active? I would like to whip up some titleformatting code that changes based on the currently active tab but have not had much success.

sounds like a perfect case for foo_ui_panel. Use track_info_mod buttons and and persistent variables to switch panels.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #65
I've put this plugin for tabs in the components directory but don't understand what to do after that.. How can I practically insert a tab?

Reply #66
I've put this plugin for tabs in the components directory but don't understand what to do after that.. How can I practically insert a tab?

Add it to the columns ui layout.

Reply #67
How can I do that? I kind of added "tabbed panel stack mod" into this layot tree and now it looks like this:

Horizontal Splitter
  l---Vertical Splitter
  l          l---Quick search toolbar
  l          l---Playlist switcher
  l          l---Tabbed panel stack mod
  l---Columns playlist

I actually want to add tabs to playlist switcher, just to make appear album cover on it's place after  I click another tab.. the quick search toolbar should remain without tabs where it is: above playlist switcher. So I want these tabs below quicksearch but above playlist switcher... Hope I wrote clearly enough.. 

Reply #68
You can add or remove tabs by using the menu which opens when you click on the component - in layout tree component is not configurable.

Reply #69
You can add or remove tabs by using the menu which opens when you click on the component - in layout tree component is not configurable.

Where is this clickable component, that's what I don't understand. Should I just start foobar and click on the playlist switcher?

Reply #70
Well, then move up the tabbed panel stack mod once (rightclick in layout tree on component name) so it resembles this:

Horizontal Splitter
l---Vertical Splitter
l l---Quick search toolbar
l l---Tabbed panel stack mod
l l---Playlist switcher
l---Columns playlist

If you still cannot see tabbed stack you will have to deactivate locked states of your components, at first i'd try playlist switcher in order to be able to resize switcher.

If you have 'show caption' ticked for tabbed panel, you should be right able to see it.

I have to correct myself, you can add or remove panels from tabbed panel stack. To do this select the component in layout tree, rightclick on it and use "insert panel" which is showing up then.

I don't understand why you'd want to click on the playlist switcher.

Reply #71
Wow, now it works. I unlocked everything and it helped.

Now, the problem is there are two playlist switchers: one  - the old default one, and second one - exactly the same - came with tab insertion. how can I remove the old one?

Reply #72
Ok, I've managed it. I've just removed it from the layot tree.

Do you know whether it's possible to paste there a tab for an equalizer? it would be very comfortable..

Reply #73
Certainly "possible", yes, but no one has yet developed an equalizer panel.

Reply #74
hello i use quicksearch and tab playlist. foobar 0.9.4.2
i want that when i search some titles with the quicksearch and then press enter then makes a new playlist, when now i search somebody else and press enter it makes a new playlist.

also quicksearch."guano" then enter new playliste with # search result [guano], then a new search "rammstein" then enter a new playliste with # search result [rammstein], but the other search result should stay.

thx
sry for my bad english