Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_tabs [NOTMYRELEASE] (Read 103927 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_tabs [NOTMYRELEASE]

Reply #25
Um, if you open the readme.txt in the last zipped file, there's an apology from someone to someone else, basically it's about "This plugin is meant for private use but somehow got public, sorry."

What do you guys think of this?
It's an apology to Phi, who seems to be the original author of the plugin for fb2k 0.8, for taking over his work.
Which is no big crime in my opinion, since the sources were released, and that means back then Phi thought about such possibility and wasn't really against it.

According to his profile, he didn't show up at this forum since the end of April, so maybe he simply doesn't care anymore.

Reply #26
Ahh, that's a great relief for my conscience. Thanks

Reply #27
Horrible bump, but is there a way to change the title of the tabs used? Two Vertical Splitter tabs aren't very useful...
err... i'm not using windows any more ;)

Reply #29
Right click on the tab and choose "Rename tab..." from the popup.

Reply #30
foo_uie_tabs_0.2.4.zip
It is the unofficial version that gave personal modifying.
* Would be able to hide tabs
* Set limit MinHeight per tabs
* Operate tabs from mainmenu
(notice: GUID of mainmenu commands is created from tab names, so I'll recommend that you change tab names)
and some fixes by an original porter to 0.9:
* Fix unnecessary dynamic_cast<>
* Fix that would be able to add some panel types into the tab from "Add Tab" menu (playlist, splitter)
* Improve stability of reading configure

ex. changing panels and tool buttons from customized buttons

I'm not an original author of foo_uie_tabs, or a porter to 0.9. Thanks to them.

Reply #31
Excellent! Linking buttons to tabs has been something I've wanted for a long time.. thank you!

Additional: I dont think this is really a bug but odd behavior.  Under previous versions of this component, tab functions were available from the right click menu. Under this release these options are no longer available but have been relocated under the main foobar "View" menu.  This is good as it now allows the custom button linking and no longer blocks right click menu options from the components contained within the tab. However, under View> Tabbed Panel Stack Mod> Hide/Show Tab> Panel #x there is a check mark. If this check mark is present it means the tabs are hidden. While this would be technically correct I find this behavior to be very non-intuitive.  I realize you are not the author but if the author is reading this please consider reversing the behavior to Show/Hide and have the check mark indicate the tabs are shown instead of hidden.

Reply #32
Very nice, thank you!
I have a request... don't know if it's actually possible, but I'll give this a try...
I use tabs to switch between columns UI playlist view and single column view. I usually keep UI pl. view when fb2k's in maximized window, and switch to single column when I need it in window... now, is it possible to make foo_uie_tabs switch automatically when it detects maximized/windowed? or even better, a conditional switch... like (example) 3 tabs with different trackinfo configs, as in
if windowsize>123,456 -> tab#1
if windowsize>456,789 -> tab#2
if windowsize=1280,1024 -> tab#3

I'm sorry if this is a bit confusing...

Reply #33
(oops, post in the wrong topic)

Reply #34
I don't know if this has been talked about earlier but I think it would be great if we could have keyboard shortcuts for uie_tabs. I take Firefox for example: CTRL+1 for tab #1, CTRL+2 for tab #2.... you get the idea.

Just an idea though, I don't even know if it can be done.

Reply #35
I don't know if this has been talked about earlier but I think it would be great if we could have keyboard shortcuts for uie_tabs. I take Firefox for example: CTRL+1 for tab #1, CTRL+2 for tab #2.... you get the idea.

Just an idea though, I don't even know if it can be done.

You can already do this.

Go to Preferences > General > Keyboard Shortcuts

Then in the 'Filter list by..' texbox, enter 'tab', and the commands will appear below allowing you to assign a certain keyboard shortcut to a tab.

Reply #36
(useless post)
sry spex already answered it.

Reply #37
w00t, thanks Spex.

Reply #38
thank you, working good in foo 0.9.4

Reply #39
ayana, that feature to hide tab-bar and switch between tabs using commands is great.

i have another request that would make me really happy, but i'm not sure if it's possible (and it would be definitely better as build-in feature in columns ui layout's system):

way to toggle visibility of the whole tab panel.

Reply #40
I wanted to report a bug I discovered in this version.  I tried to create a tabbed panel stack consisting of a playlist tab and thereunder single column playlist view and another playlist tab and thereunder mutliple column playlist.  I then tried to create buttons to switch between each playlist view.  However, because each there are now two items under the main menu for button configuration showing playlist tab (one with single column playlist thereunder and one for mutliple column playlist), the button configuration menu only allows me to assign a button to the first playlist tab and not the second.  As such, I can only assign a button to one of the playlist tabs under tabbed panel stack even though I can see the other under the main menu for button configuration.  I think the fix that needs to be employed is when you have a panel stack with two of the same components thereunder they need to be named differently for purposes of placing them in the main menu, such as playlist tab(1) and playlist tab(2) so that foobar does not get confused as to which one should be assigned to a particular button.

Reply #41
You can rename the tabs to anything you'd like. If you give the tabs different names then you can assign buttons to each one.

- To rename a tab, unhide the tabbar and right click on the tab.. choose "Rename Tab" from the popup menu.

Reply #42
You can rename the tabs to anything you'd like. If you give the tabs different names then you can assign buttons to each one.

- To rename a tab, unhide the tabbar and right click on the tab.. choose "Rename Tab" from the popup menu.

Thanks!  I will try it when I get home from work.

Reply #43
Very nice, thank you!
I have a request... don't know if it's actually possible, but I'll give this a try...
I use tabs to switch between columns UI playlist view and single column view. I usually keep UI pl. view when fb2k's in maximized window, and switch to single column when I need it in window... now, is it possible to make foo_uie_tabs switch automatically when it detects maximized/windowed? or even better, a conditional switch... like (example) 3 tabs with different trackinfo configs, as in
if windowsize>123,456 -> tab#1
if windowsize>456,789 -> tab#2
if windowsize=1280,1024 -> tab#3

I'm sorry if this is a bit confusing...

It might be a lot easier to write the track info config like that. Something like...

$if($greater(%_width%,123),LONGTEXT,SHORTTEXT)

You can see where I'm going. It's messy if you don't write it REALLY well, bu7t it can work perfectly.
There's a storm on the loose, there's sirens in my head...

Reply #44
It might be a lot easier to write the track info config like that. Something like...

$if($greater(%_width%,123),LONGTEXT,SHORTTEXT)

You can see where I'm going. It's messy if you don't write it REALLY well, bu7t it can work perfectly.

Yeah, that's interesting  unfortunately I'm not so good with tagging (in fact I didn't even think about $if($greater(%_width%))...
anyway, trying to stay on topic, thanks again for this nice plugin!

Reply #45
foo_uie_tabs 0.2.5 release.
* add: Circulate forward/backword
* fix: Some changes for display on mainmenu

Thanks for various suggestion.
I don't know whether I'll be able to implement or not, but I may make use of them for development.

Reply #47
thank you very much for the update
My Name is Sean and I'm here to leech off your genius.

Reply #48
i notice problem
if i use splitter inside tab
and in splitter album list, enter don't send selection to playlist ( but double click work)

thank for this great component
Music is my first love.

Reply #49
I have been experimenting with creating a turn key solution to create a quick install of foobar so as to transfer my settings to a new user via providing the new user with a copy of my foobar.cfg file.  Everything has worked well, except my configuration is transferred so as to leave the new install with my tabbed panel stack missing all of the of the components normally listed under the stack.  This leads me to believe that uie_tabs maintains its configuration settings in a different file other than foobar.cfg.  Does anyone know where this component stores its settings?