Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: how to record .MPC file (Read 2771 times) previous topic - next topic

how to record .MPC file

hi i have a complete album of .mpc file
all the song are .mpc and for the album i have a cue file.
with foobar2k i can listen to them no problem but when i try to converted them in .wav i got very big file, i am converting the first song 13meg .mpc to wav after 12 hours the files is 6gig and it is not over yet.

how do i burn .mpc file to a cd or dvd ?

thanks

sly

how to record .MPC file

Reply #1
Is it a single MPC file with CUE or separate MPC files? Did you try to load MPC file instead of CUE? What does fb2k say about their lenght, bitrate, and sample-rate? How is Diskwriter configured (maybe there's some looping/repeating going on)?

how to record .MPC file

Reply #2
ok rutra80
it is 8 mpc file with a cue file.

Did you try to load MPC file instead of CUE?
in foobar i load the mpc file.

lenght= 5.06 , 6.05 
bitrate= 16
and sample-rate?= 44100
How is Diskwriter configured (maybe there's some looping/repeating going on)?
what do you mean by diskwritter ?

maybe i am not doing the right thing, what i do is
playlist  add file
components    record
next next .....

how to record .MPC file

Reply #3
components    record
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=317432"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Heh, that's the problem. Record function from Components menu is for recording from microphone for example. To convert the files to WAV, select all of them, right-click, choose Convert, Run conversion, select WAV (PCM, fixed-point), and choose a directory where the WAVs should be saved. Then you can burn them to CDDA or whatever.

how to record .MPC file

Reply #4
rutra80 thanks,  thats what i taught i was not doing the right thing.

doing it your way work perfect !!!

thanks  ;-)

sly