Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: .mlp playback issue (Read 2352 times) previous topic - next topic

.mlp playback issue

Hello,
I have a bunch of mlp's ripped from DVD-AUDIO (using DVD-Audio Explorer) and would like to play them in foobar v1.3.1. I have also installed foobar2000 Free Encoder Pack, but when I try to play a file, I get an error:
Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported file format):
Please help.
David

.mlp playback issue

Reply #1
foobar2000 does not support playback of Meridian Lossless Packing (.mlp) natively. You can try to use ffmpeg via the Command-Line Decoder Wrapper component, described here. You can find Zeranoe's Windows builds of ffmpeg here. Use the following command string:
Code: [Select]
ffmpeg.exe -i %s -f wav -
I assume ffmpeg.exe must in your %PATH% for this to work, or you need to specify the full path to ffmpeg.exe in that command string. From the documentation of the component it is unclear to me where foobar2000 looks for decoders.

You could also try whether players like VLC, MPC:HC, or mplayer support MLP natively.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

.mlp playback issue

Reply #2
I'm not good at command line codes so MPC:HC works for me - thank you!