Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Mirroring files and folder structures. (Read 2034 times) previous topic - next topic

Mirroring files and folder structures.

I have all my music as FLAC files at home, but run a Subsonic server for me to access the MP3 files at work. I run a dedicated NAS for this, and as I rip albums/convert them to FLAC for archival purposes I convert them to MP3 for my Subsonic server. Now comes my challenge. I have created a folder structure based on genres, such as Jazz, Hip-hop 90s, Pop 80s, etc. I move the FLAC files to these folders when I find the time, and I was wondering if there is an easy, wild-card driven, program that lets me move the MP3 files to mirror the structure of my FLAC folders, so I dont have to do this process twice (first moving the FLAC files to each respective folder, then do the same with the MP3 files). So, the FLAC structure (folders containin FLAC files) are the same as the folders containing Mp3 files. Any suggestions? When I rip something to FLAC I put the files in an "unsorted" folder, and move them to the respective folders later on.

If someone has a better idea on my structure Id love to hear it, Im kind of alone here, and this is the best solution I have devised for myself.

Mirroring files and folder structures.

Reply #1
The last time I used Media Monkey it did offer the option of filtering things out. So I was wondering: wouldn't simply being able to filter MP3s out first and re-arrange them then FLACs files later meet your needs somehow?

PS: shouldn't you have created this thread somewhere else on HA in order to get more views/replies?
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução