Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer (Read 59834 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer

Reply #175
Love this component, but just a couple of anomalies:

Even though I have tooltips turned on, I don't get a readout of the note frequency when I hover over a frequency bar, like I did with the old Musical Spectrum. Any way to do this?

Also, the vertical Octave divider lines don't coincide exactly with the actual frequency bars, which look kinda messy. If there's a setting I'm missing, please let me know. I'm trying to get as close to the old Musical Spectrum settings I had, as possible.

Reply #176
Another weird one, it seems to lag significantly behind the audio, what's the setting I need to adjust to get it in sync with the music?

Reply #177
Another weird one, it seems to lag significantly behind the audio, what's the setting I need to adjust to get it in sync with the music?
While there is no such thing as "Reaction alignment" parameter as in foo_vis_spectrum_analyzer, you can lower the FFT size to 4096 or lower to get better sync through it loses the frequency resolution and also, the amount of delay ahead actual playback in proportion of FFT size parameter is exactly the same as this relevant CodePen project with something like "delay compensation" enabled

BTW, I would assume that if IIR filter bank mode is added, the filter bank-based musical spectrum doesn't have this problem of lagging behind the audio and have equal resolution for all frequencies in logarithmic frequency scale

Reply #178
Feature request (for another FR to display multiple channels at once): Treat stereo pairs or Mid/Side representations as complex numbers for FFT input data

As in the Codepen project " Spectrum analyzer and spectrogram using custom FFT ", the first graph is as it is but the second one is exactly the same as one but flipped (looking at "negative" frequencies) in FFT bin index ordering

Reply #180
Love this component, but just a couple of anomalies:

Even though I have tooltips turned on, I don't get a readout of the note frequency when I hover over a frequency bar, like I did with the old Musical Spectrum. Any way to do this?
There is no such thing as tooltips for foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer currently, though sneak peeks posted by @Crossover suggests that upcoming version 2.0.0.0 for Enhanced Spectrum analyzer component could have tooltips added

Also, the vertical Octave divider lines don't coincide exactly with the actual frequency bars, which look kinda messy. If there's a setting I'm missing, please let me know. I'm trying to get as close to the old Musical Spectrum settings I had, as possible.
BTW, do you mean foo_vis_spectrum_analyzer instead of foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer?

Because again, frequency bands mode is currently not available for Enhanced Spectrum analyzer component, though upcoming Enhanced Spectrum analyzer 2.0.0.0 could have one, like my dream I've experienced last time where this component got an update that not only added Musical Spectrum-esque bars but also an option to use IIR filter bank instead of FFT

Reply #181
Thanks, ah yes, think I posted in the wrong thread! Very confusing having two components with very similar functions and names!

Reply #182
Thanks, ah yes, think I posted in the wrong thread! Very confusing having two components with very similar functions and names!
Yep, your posts (that is actually about foo_vis_spectrum_analyzer) almost made me think that version 2 of this component was released when really is not yet

Reply #184
Couple of (seemingly-endless) feature requests for this component: Infinite decay rate mode, fading peaks, and difference coloring for labels and grids

As for the first, it works best if enabled by default for "Average" spectrum (alongside 0ms hold for Average spectrum by default), but it can be anything including "Peak" spectrum because foobar2000's built-in Spectrum and old foo_musical_spectrum by @fismineur doesn't have slow falloff for main bar unlike in Spectralissime and this component, and what this setting does is completely remove the gradual falloff (and the make this visualizer react the fastest as possible) and to avoid flickering look, it cumulates peaks since previous frame, up to 576 samples (only on "Peak" spectrum and IIR filter bank is used instead of FFT)

As for the second, it is an aesthetic look for peaks, very similar to audio visualizer from Geometry Dash 2.2 (in terms of fading peaks) and it is for "Peak Max" spectrum, works best when "infinite falloff" is turned on as in the first FR on this post

As for the third, it helps (to see the labels or grid more clearly) when the spectrum and label/grid shares its colors by using the blending operation similar to CanvasRenderingContext2D.globalCompositeOperation = 'difference' for the grid and labels, something like this:
X
X