Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 on windows start (Read 3060 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 on windows start

In foobar2000 versions 1.3.x, I had foobar2000 running on windows start-up, minimized to the notification area. Now, in version 1.4, I am unable to replicate this behaviour, as foobar2000 appears minimized on the taskbar on windows start-up.

How do I configure foobar2000 version 1.4 to replicate the behaviour I had previously, in version 1.3.x on windows start-up?

... edit: I have figured it out. I have used the /hide command line switch, on the windows start-up shortcut.

Re: Foobar2000 on windows start

Reply #1
Sorry, but does not work for me - I either use /hide switch or Windows 10 own Start Minimized shortcut setting (or even both together) it starts at Taskbar, not in system tray. How can I start Foobar 1.4+ in system tray at startup automatically ?

Reply #2
It will start in the taskbar if you enable the option 'Minimize hides, close exits' in Preferences, along with the /hide switch.

Cheers

Reply #3
I have only "close hides" checked as I do not want to close it as upnp server by accident.

Reply #4
You are not the only one around here to request more specific settings in this department. Perhaps in a future version, Peter might add options to cover every scenario. ;) (Say, multi-select check boxes instead of the single-select round radio buttons)

Reply #5
First, I did not came to ask a new feature - just a solution I tought I have missed as replacement for something that actually has exised since years.

Second, it was feature 'till 1.3.x - just in different place (in Preferences -> Advanced). So we can not call it "request for more"...

Third, Foobar acts as UPnP server, so I can not imagine I'm only one who wishes it to start quietely in yhe backround.

Reply #6
Exactly. I was only agreeing with you and trying to help.

I should be asleep...