Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Logitech Multimedia Keys & Foobar2000 (Read 120530 times) previous topic - next topic

Logitech Multimedia Keys & Foobar2000

Reply #125
I haven't read the entire thread, but the search function didn't find the keywords I'm about to mention, so here goes:

I've gotten my Logi DiNovo keyboard to work with foobar using uberOptions and AutoHotkey.
UberOptions enables options on (almost) all buttons on keyboards which use the Logitech SetPoint software. Since SetPoint thinks it's a good thing to handle the multimedia key events by itself (i.e., there will be no key event for foobar to catch), I used UberOptions to set the multimedia keys to F13, F14 and so on.
From there, you have two options: Either catch those keys directly with foobar (although it will display "unknown key", it'll work) or use AutoHotkey to map those F keys back to multimedia key events, or do other fancy stuff. AutoHotkey is insanely powerful!
AutoHotkey might also help with microsoft or other keyboards. Check the forums there for help and ideas on what to do with this useful piece of software. Or ask here; if it's not overly complicated, I might be able to answer

Reply #126
I'm confused by what you did, are you saying that you set the programmable keys to media_play_stop and so on then it works now? Cause I tried it and setpoint with uberoptions still stops them..

Oh well, I just messed around with my Hauppauge's settings so I can use it whenever.

However, what's the command for play? I have it set so stop is like Media_play_stop but I can't figure out the one for play.

Reply #127
Thanks for the hint, knobbo!
I am using uberOptions for some months now but didn't mention the F13, F14,... keys.

Is it possible to use the default multimedia keys to control foobar PLUS other media players? So foobar can be controlled using play/stop/next/... as well as for example winamp.

Reply #128
Hello,

I'm a bit sorry to have to "BUMP" this old topic, but I feel it justified.

Until I upgraded to Foobar2000 0.9.5.0 the following line placed in the players.ini file (in the logitech's media keyboard drivers' folder)
Code: [Select]
foobar2000=wac,foobar2000.exe,{DA7CD0DE-1602-45e6-89A1-C2CA151E008E}/1,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,foobar2000

worked fine, but after the upgrade, my play/pause, stop, previous/next track keys stopped working when Foobar2000 doesn't have the focus (in other terms when it's in background, or minimized). when FB2K has the focus, all those keys are still working fine, but I'd like to be able using them even when FB2K is minimized/in background.

I've already rebooted since FB2K 0.9.5.0's installatation to no avail.

Foobar2000 exe file hasn't been renamed, so I guess it's either an internal behaviour that prevents this to keep on working or the clsid maybe isn't anymore the same (AFAIK the few previous 0.9.x upgrades haven't prevented my extended keyboard to work as intended).

If any of you has a clue about what must be done (either in foobar's panel or in Logitech's keyboard players.ini file) I'd be grateful to have your advice. I'd feel a bit sad to uninstall 0.9.5 to get 0.9.4.x back just due to this annoyance (the new release's features are nice, but keyboard feature is so handy I can't accept to use FB2K without it anymore; by the way I'd like to still use the special media keys, and not assign any of the 102 standard keys for any kind of global shortcuts)

Thanks.

Oh and by the way, I'd like to wish you Happy New Year 2008 !

MGL2000

Reply #129
Have you tried my suggestion here: [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=476077']Interesting SetPoint hacking[/a]?

It's a more general solution to logitech multimedia keys, so doesn't require foobar-specific clsid or other details.

Alex

Reply #130
Have you tried my suggestion here: [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=476077']Interesting SetPoint hacking[/a]?

It's a more general solution to logitech multimedia keys, so doesn't require foobar-specific clsid or other details.

Alex

Thanks Alex for the information about the hack.

Yet I'd find a non-hack way of proceeding more elegant (non user specific). But in the meantime your hack will probably do (I just hope that changing the silent status won't cause border effect in other applications).

Yours,

MGL2000

Reply #131
I'm having no problems whatsoever using the multimedia keys on my Logitech keyboard (Internet Navigator) to control foobar2000 either focused or unfocused. I'm not using any additional drivers or software. The device manager calls it "Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard". Like the name suggests the keyboard is connected via PS/2 using a USB-to-PS/2 adapter. It works in both XP and Vista.

Reply #132
I'm not using any additional drivers or software.
Yep, that would be why, then. It is the SetPoint software that stops the multimedia keys working properly because it swallows the keypress events for them, then runs whatever action it has associated with those keys instead.

There are 3 basic options to getting the multimedia keys working again,
  • Don't use SetPoint. This is the one Hancoque uses, and is fine, but does mean that you can't assign special actions to any of your special buttons, or buttons on a Logitech mouse (if you're using one too).
  • Instruct SetPoint on how to perform multimedia key actions to Foobar specifically. SetPoint has a list of media players and instructions on how to control them (in players.ini), so after it swallows the actual keypress it can then perform the appropriate action on the media player. This has the advantage of being able to work on media players that don't support multimedia keys natively, but has the disadvantage of only being able to work on media players that SetPoint knows about. To do this, use the players.ini modification described in other posts (although I don't think anyone has posted a clsid for 0.9.5 yet, but I might be wrong)
  • Selectively prevent SetPoint from swallowing multimedia key actions. SetPoint can be configured not to swallow specific keys, and allow the keypress events to pass through to the system as normal. This can't be done through the SetPoint UI, though, you have to modify the user.xml file (full instructions [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=476077']here[/a]). The advantage of this is that it will work with any media player that handles the standard multimedia keys, which includes Foobar2000 if configured properly.

This, as MGL2000 points out, is a per-user thing. Although I'd still argue it is a more elegant solution than number 2, that's just my personal preference.

As far as side effects go, it will have the side effect of not working with any media player that does not handle standard multimedia keys, and not being able to assign custom actions to the buttons through SetPoint. If you want to assign a custom action in the future, just reverse the process for the button you want to be able to assign.

I hope this clears things up,

Alex

Reply #133
Set aside of the previous remarks, here's a slight difference I've just experienced between your hack method and the old way (the one that worked before upgrade, via players.ini) :
When being idle for a long while, Windows brings me to the locked mode, where I have to enter password again in order to unlock & go back to my session.
Until I unlock, I can't anymore pause the music as I used to be able to (I understand some may fine it stupid, but in some cases it was a handy way to get fast desired action).

So again for my point of view, having the players.ini adapted to work with 0.9.5.x as it used to with previous FB2K version would be definitely cool (e.g. having the new working clsid if any).
Till then, I'll use your hack.

Reply #134
I had the same problem
I've installed WinID to get the new window class and it works.  (Foobar2000 0.9.5 - Vista)

Here is the new line for C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\player.ini 

foobar2000=wac,foobar2000.exe,{97E27FAA-C0B3-4b8e-A693-ED7881E99FC1},xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Foobar2000

Reply #135
I had the same problem
I've installed WinID to get the new window class and it works.  (Foobar2000 0.9.5 - Vista)

Here is the new line for C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\player.ini 

foobar2000=wac,foobar2000.exe,{97E27FAA-C0B3-4b8e-A693-ED7881E99FC1},xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Foobar2000

still doesn't work for me  I have win xp pro though. another code maybe?

Reply #137
yes, but.. thing is, setpoint controls my mouse too, so I can adjust the dpi on the mouse freely. Isn't there another code I can write in the players.ini in the setpoint folder?

edit: the MM buttons work while foobar is maximized, but not while its minimized or as a tray icon. Funny thing is, they work on every other mediaplayer I have, minimized, iTunes, winamp etc.. but iLike foobar

Reply #138
edit: the MM buttons work while foobar is maximized, but not while its minimized or as a tray icon. Funny thing is, they work on every other mediaplayer I have, minimized, iTunes, winamp etc.. but iLike foobar

Have you checked the "Global Hotkey" box on the MM buttons?
I have a Logitech media keyboard 600 and I have setpoint installed. The buttons always work for me.

Reply #139

Have you checked the "Global Hotkey" box on the MM buttons?
I have a Logitech media keyboard 600 and I have setpoint installed. The buttons always work for me.

I have same keyboard as you, let's see if I can't find the global hotkey thingy.
Have v0.9.5.4 too.

edit: can't seem to find it :/ Should it be in the preferences menu? If so, it's not there :/

I'll try re-installing fb2k

edit2: shocker that didn't work!

OK, I have:

Win XP pro sp3 32-bit

Logitech Keyboard Media 600

foobar2000 v0.9.5.4

setpoint 4.60.122

MM keys does not work while foobar is minimized

Reply #140
For XP, foobar 0.9.5.4
foobar2000=wac,foobar2000.exe,{E7076D1C-A7BF-4f39-B771-BCBE88F2A2A8},xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Foobar2000

Reply #141
For XP, foobar 0.9.5.4
foobar2000=wac,foobar2000.exe,{E7076D1C-A7BF-4f39-B771-BCBE88F2A2A8},xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Foobar2000

THANK YOU!! It worked! Finally!     

edit: atleast it worked for a while.... rebooted the computer once, now it doesn't work again. The
is still in the players.ini file

edit 2: but now it works perfectly without setpoint :/ yeye..

Reply #142
You should not set the buttons with setpoint, you should set them with foobar.

File > Preferences > General > Keyboard Shortcuts > Add new > (example) Press play/pause key, set to "play or pause" and check the "Global Hotkey" box. Repeat for the other buttons.

Like this:

Reply #143
OK, back again!

This time:

Vista Ultimate 32-bit Service Pack 1
Foobar 0.9.5.6
Logitech Multimedia Keyboard 600

this code was supposed to work with vista, but I think it's for 0.9.5.5?

Reply #144
OK, back again!

This time:

Vista Ultimate 32-bit Service Pack 1
Foobar 0.9.5.6
Logitech Multimedia Keyboard 600

this code was supposed to work with vista, but I think it's for 0.9.5.5?

I'm currently using this piece of code:

foobar2000=wac,foobar2000.exe,{97E27FAA-C0B3-4b8e-A693-ED7881E99FC1},xxx,xxx,40009,40044,40010,40051,40011,0,1,foobar2000

Admittedly, I'm with XP SP3 and a different keyboard, but it has worked for me through all 0.9.5.x versions.

Reply #145
I've found the following autohotkey code to work correctly with v0.9.6.5
Media_Play_Pause::
{
    IfWinExist, %Foobar2000_Class%
       {
        Run C:\Program Files\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe /playpause
       }
    Return
}

sorry to bump, but at least its in the open for anyone else who is still having problems