Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Restore EAC settings (Read 4634 times) previous topic - next topic

Restore EAC settings

I spent a lot of time researching and configuring EAC to work the way I wanted.  But I since installed Win 7 and I want to get back that configuration without all the research again.  I have a backup of the filesystem EAC was configured on.  Is the the EAC settings stored in an ini file that I can copy to a new install of EAC?  Is there a process to restore the settings?

Restore EAC settings

Reply #1
They're stored in the Registry under HKCU\Software\AWSoftware

You can always create a profile instead, which may work better.  In addition to copying CDDB.DAT, that should be everything.

EDIT: Cited the specific EAC dat file since there is discussion about ntuser.dat later on.

Restore EAC settings

Reply #2
::

All your settings are in one file "ntuser.dat" that resides in your old userprofile (documents and settings\YOURUSERNAME\ntuser.dat). Upload a copy somewhere, send me a p.m. where to load and I'll extract your settings to a .reg-file. You can import it to your actual registry and your settings should be back.

Greetings ...

Restore EAC settings

Reply #3
So it wouldn't be possible just to put the .dat in new computer? You have to make it a .reg file?

Restore EAC settings

Reply #4
So it wouldn't be possible just to put the .dat in new computer? You have to make it a .reg file?

Yes, the .dat-file has all the user settings of all programs of your old system. You cannot copy that, it will not work.

Restore EAC settings

Reply #5
All your settings are in one file "ntuser.dat" that resides in your old userprofile (documents and settings\YOURUSERNAME\ntuser.dat). Upload a copy somewhere, send me a p.m. where to load and I'll extract your settings to a .reg-file.

Thanks for the offer.  If it's just a matter of copying all the keys from beneath /Software/AWSoftware/EAC, I can do that.  This is physically the same computer as what I'm trying to restore from, so I suspect the Drive Options is ok to restore as well.

Restore EAC settings

Reply #6

If you've been using AccurateRip, there's one more key to restore:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP]
Don't forget to copy your EAC profiles and at least cddb.dat too.

Best regards ...