Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ogg Vorbis SSE3 (Read 9008 times) previous topic - next topic

Ogg Vorbis SSE3

Boy, I'm sure glad I stopped by to check on any new goodies. The new(er) encoder (SSE3) for dBpoweramp is MUCH faster. Yippeee!

Ogg Vorbis SSE3

Reply #2
I don't know. I upgraded from aoTuV SSE to aoTuV SSE3. Quite a difference.    I notice the SSE3 version has been out for quite some time now. I need to check in here more often.

Ogg Vorbis SSE3

Reply #5
x86 has an issues as well.

Ogg Vorbis SSE3

Reply #6
No problems here...

Ogg Vorbis SSE3

Reply #7
Do we talk about john33's builds? If so then both of his builds (x86 and x64) present audible issues with mentioned samples.

Ogg Vorbis SSE3

Reply #9
I see.

Shouldn't be there any set of test samples that validate the right compilation of vorbis?

Ogg Vorbis SSE3

Reply #10
I downloaded oggenc2.85-aoTuVb5.7-Lancer.zip (oggenc2.exe: 3187712 bytes, 14 Dec 2009).
Almost no differences from my own compile. (I subtracted one file from another in Audition)

Test files: xdrums@-q 2, u2 electrical storm@-q 4.

Ogg Vorbis SSE3

Reply #11
Pelase, download more recent rarewares build 20100720

Ogg Vorbis SSE3

Reply #12
20100720? All I can find is various Lancerx64 builds.

Ogg Vorbis SSE3

Reply #14
lvqcl
Yes, you're right. Only 64 32 bits rarewares version has bug.
Sorry,  I'm tired today.

Despite the bitrate difference is small (109 Vorbis vs 107 kbps Lancer_x64 on electrical storm sample) the audible impact is quite noticeble
ABC/HR Version 1.1 beta 2, 18 June 2004
Testname:

1L = D:\Samples\u2 electrical storm\2 samples\u2 electrical storm\q4 aotuv electrical storm.wav
2L = D:\Samples\u2 electrical storm\2 samples\u2 electrical storm\lancer not VC sse3 u2 electrical storm.wav

---------------------------------------
General Comments:

1L File: D:\Samples\u2 electrical storm\2 samples\u2 electrical storm\q4 aotuv electrical storm.wav
1L Rating: 4.5
1L Comment:
2L File: D:\Samples\u2 electrical storm\2 samples\u2 electrical storm\lancer not VC sse3 u2 electrical storm.wav
2L Rating: 2.5
2L Comment:
ABX Results:
D:\Samples\u2 electrical storm\2 samples\u2 electrical storm\q4 aotuv electrical storm.wav vs D:\Samples\u2 electrical storm\2 samples\u2 electrical storm\lancer not VC sse3 u2 electrical storm.wav
   5 out of 5, pval = 0.031