Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Attach Pictures not saving (Read 553 times) previous topic - next topic

Attach Pictures not saving

I've have come across two issues when trying to add Front Covers to my WAVs.
1. I have several songs in one folder, I attach one picture to a song then that picture appears on other songs in that folder.
2. I tag a picture to a song, then I try to change the picture and it stays with the original tagged picture.

When either of these scenario happen, I've tried removing all pictures, even re-rip my cd, I verified no picture is attached, then when I try to attach the picture I want, the first wrong picture reattaches.
The only work-a-round I've found is I have to re-rip my cd (or redownload the songs) to a different hard drive, for the tagging to take properly.

Once the wrong picture gets applied, any know how to truly clear them out, so the correct picture attaches?

Re: Attach Pictures not saving

Reply #1
Your point number 1: Are you perhaps using a playlist album art viewer? If the player thinks all your wavs in the directory belongs to the same album (either because they don't have album artist/album tags, or those tag have the same values) they will only get a single album art shown. That is expected behavior and has nothing to do with file formats or tags. External art is treated the same way. An album can only have one album cover.

Problem number 2:
Are you using a third party skin that caches album art? If you are, you need to clear the cache for the skin to pick up an updated art.
To really see what art is in the file tags, use the foobar's Properties dialog and its Artwork tab. I would be very surprised if that didn't show the files as having the right art that you had added.

Reply #2
Try MP3Tag.  That will show you exactly what is in each file's tags and enable you to manipulate them without any issues with caching.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #3
Thank you @Case @fooball so it looks like VLC was caching some of the images.

Reply #4
Thank you @Case @fooball so it looks like VLC was caching some of the images.
That's your first mention of VLC, I have no idea how that handles cover art.  The assumption was that you were talking about FB2K (this is not a VLC forum).

You will have to check whether you have any cover art stored in the folder rather than as tags in the media files, this might get picked up as album art.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.