Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Running Foobar in Linux (Read 650647 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Running Foobar in Linux

Reply #650
Hello all! I've been running Foobar2000 2.0 on Arch with a stock wine installation (with it set to Windows 7) for a while, noticed that 2.1 is out and I tried to run the installer executable. Getting a page fault, any ideas?

Log:
https://pastebin.com/VEpXr4KY
This might be the same problem: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,125191.0.html

It appears so, I should have searched for that! Hopefully this is just a wine issue and it'll get fixed.

Reply #651
I should have searched for that!

I searched but it didn't pop up, I had to look for the thread manually (I knew I had seen something recently).
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #652
@Vivens  Until it gets fixed you can use the staging build or a portable installation

Reply #653
I am running fb2k in an Arch-based distro (EndeavourOS). With a recent major system update to KDE6 (or a minor unrelated update), something weird changed about foobar2000's shortcuts behaviour:

Before the update, I could activate multiple shortctus while holding down the Ctrl-key only once, e.g. triggering actions bound to "Ctrl-+" followed by "Ctrl-,". To be more specific, these shortcuts are bound to masstagger scripts that retag the current playlist selection. So when activated, they lead to a short "tag update" progress window appearing and disappearing.

After the update, I need to actively release and press the Ctrl-key, which makes using those actions much more inconvenient.

Has someone here experienced the same and an idea where in the stack from fb2k, Wine, KDE6, (Wayland? X-something-something-input) this changed behaviour might come from?

Given that only my masstagger shortctus are affected (e.g. seeking shortcuts keep working with the modifier key remaining pressed only once), I fear it has to do how the state of modifier keys is preserved (or rather, not preserved) after the focus goes from the tag update window back to the application's main window.

Reply #654
I am running fb2k in an Arch-based distro (EndeavourOS). With a recent major system update to KDE6 (or a minor unrelated update), something weird changed about foobar2000's shortcuts behaviour: ...
Just to link everything together: I have posted to KDE's issue tracker: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=483982 - my current guess it that the switch from X11 to Wayland changed some underlying behavior, which now needs some (hopefully) minor patch somewhere in a new input handling stack.

Reply #655
I don't understand the technical reasons for this migration to Wayland, but isn't this exactly the sort of snag we should expect (until everyone adapts their software, in this case Wine)?
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.