Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LAME not working with EAC (Read 3415 times) previous topic - next topic

LAME not working with EAC

hello,

I have had lame/eac 3.90.3 for several months now. two days ago, i decided to try out ogg vorbis, so i did, and it worked fine. i then wanted to revert back to mp3, so i set the encoder/all the settings back to what i was using (APS). when i try to rip a cd, it rips it to  wav, and then lame opens for like a split second, but it does not encode anything. i have no idea why this is happening. i have the 'start encoding immediately after rip' option on, and the display encoder thing on also. when i try to run lame.exe by itself, it also opens for a split second and then closes. i am totally stumped. i tried deleting eac/lame, then i ran a program called regcleaner, which got rid of the eac registry keys. i also did a search in regedit for any keys containing the word "exact" (found one EAC key, deleted it). then i re-installed it, but for some reason, all my settings were saved (APS, the way i had id3 tags set up, etc.). all help/suggestions are appreciated.

Reply #1
you probably don't have "%s %d" after the lame command in EAC.

Reply #2
it works perfectly!  thank you very much. funny thing is, i don't remember ever having %s %d before, what does it do?.

Reply #3
it works perfectly!  thank you very much. funny thing is, i don't remember ever having %s %d before, what does it do?.

%s - source of the wav file
%d - destination of the MP3

Without these, Lame would not know where to find the wav file to encode or store the encoded MP3.

Reply #4
passes the source (%s) and destination (%d) file parameters from EAC to the LAME command-line.

Reply #5
You should set up different profiles in EAC.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Reply #6
Funny, I've only ever had --alt-preset standard in the command line and it always works perfectly, might there not be some other options that negate %s %d ? I've never used them with 3.90.3.

Reply #7
I think you don't need %s %d if in the "Parameter passing scheme" you set "LAME MP3 Encoder" and that you need them if instead you set it to "User Defined Encoder", which I personally prefer as it doesn't pass extra parameters based on the "Bit rate" and "High/Low quality"and "Use CRC check", if understand it well.
BTW I don't understand why those settings aren't greyed out for "Used Defined Encoder"....

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)