Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: transferring settings/stuff to a new comp (Read 1435 times) previous topic - next topic

transferring settings/stuff to a new comp

Hey so I'm really sorry if this comes up a lot, but I checked the FAQ and the first few pages of the forums and whatnot, but I haven't found a thread matching my issue.  I had my settings/playlists perfect on my old comp, but I can't seem to transfer that to my new computer.  I have all the files from my old comp transferred, but something isn't working out right.  If someone could give me some help as to what to move where and whatnot I would really appreciate it, thanks.

Reply #2
With a standard (non-portable) installation, you can simply copy over the foobar2000 folder found in %APPDATA% (which is a variable pointing at C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming or wherever your user directory resides) to the %APPDATA% folder on your new PC.

I do not know whether Windows Easy Transfer will also copy over your AppData files, but it maybe is a tool worth considering.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

Reply #3
Ah, windows easy transfer did not move the proper files, but I did.  Thanks guys.