Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v1.3.18 (Read 21539 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v1.3.18

You might be surprised, another 1.3.x while 1.4 is nearing stable status?

I realize that some people will stick with the 1.3 series, or are simply indifferent to the new features of 1.4 and have no desire to change their usage habits. I respect that. I myself say bad words about other software developers when I get functional changes that I did not ask for.

Various pretty nasty bugs have been addressed in 1.4, yet remain unfixed in current-stable 1.3.17. Hence I'm making a version 1.3.18.

Currently at: beta 2. Bug fixes need testing too, or else...

Download: >>>> click me <<<<

Changes since 1.3.17:
  • Fix for HTTPS reader vs Google sites - details
  • Changed beta timebomb semantics - details
  • Fixed non-working CD drive offset detection - details
  • Fixed various audio device hotplugging related glitches - details
  • Fixed wrong descriptions of certain menu commands - details
  • Fixed wrong handling of certain types of MP4 chapters tags - details
  • Improved safeguards against Media Library configuration loss if foobar2000 dies while saving its settings.

Changes in beta 2:
  • Content Group metadata mapping fixes ( details )
  • Skip Silence DSP bug fixes ( details )
  • In Default UI playlist, cursor-follows-playback now results in view centering on the newly focused track, if it's not visible before.
  • Fixed Media Library failing to index very long file names.
Needless to say, you should not attempt to install this on top of 1.4 beta, as 1.4 has all these fixes already and should be considered newer than 1.3.18.

If there's anything I missed from the really bad bugs fixed in v1.4, or something that could be fixed in both 1.3 and 1.4, please let me know.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Re: foobar2000 v1.3.18

Reply #1
Peter, can you please take a look at this topic

It's regarding "cursor follows playback", highlighted track is at the top or bottom of the playlist, not in the middle, as expected.
It's not a serious bug, but more of an annoyance, that has been in foobar2000 for quite some time.

Reply #2
I'm totally with TuNk77 on this one and would love to see that fixed.  It shouldn't bother me like it does...  BUT IT DOES!  I usually close and re-open FB until it is fixed.

Reply #3
Alright, it will be changed to center on the playing track.

Anything else?

Reply #4
I am using foobar2000 in wine (Linux) and I couldn't update the plugins using foobar2000-1.4. So, I will stay with version 1.3 as it works flawlessly. Is the only problem I found, till now.

Reply #6
Peter,
I am using beta 15 and have noticed that Dynamic Range meter is acting a little funny v1.1.1. It leaves the box up and you can't close it. You need to close foobar to close it and you lose the changes. This happens when you are doing multiple songs and not always. Windows 10 X64

Reply #7
Dynamic Range meter is acting a little funny v1.1.1
Dynamic Range meter always was buggy. If you use Help->Online troubleshooter, you will see that it is listed as problematic component.

Reply #9

It's not a serious bug,
Your link doesn't work ....
And it's not even a bug. You ask for behavioral change, which is fine as feature request, but would be more typical to do that in 1.4.
I usually close and re-open FB until it is fixed.
Try double click the statusbar (bottom left of the window).
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #10

It's not a serious bug,
And it's not even a bug. You ask for behavioral change, which is fine as feature request, but would be more typical to do that in 1.4.

The above link works for me (https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,116027.0.html)

Here is another link for you to read: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,110046.msg906949.html#msg906949
"Cursor follows playback" has had issues since 1-3-9 beta stage.
Peter even confirmed it, as you can read in the thread: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,110046.msg907145.html#msg907145

Reply #11

The above link works for me (https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,116027.0.html)
Here is another link for you to read: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,110046.msg906949.html#msg906949
"Cursor follows playback" has had issues since 1-3-9 beta stage.
I figured out what is wrong with the links, so it makes more sense. (there was an extra .html inserted).

So your first link should be Cursor follows playback is misbehaving.
The another link:  foobar2000 1.3.9 beta discussion

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #12
Regarding bug vs feature-
Once I looked at relevant code, I saw that it was the intended behavior to center playlist when moving to reveal the focused item, but it was not working due to an actual bug. Hence the last minute fix. It from now on works as intended, as it did not.

Anyway, let's cut the discussion on the subject of following playing item. Any other known bugs I should investigate?

Reply #13
Not a bug, but... it seems that some copyright dates in foobar2000/about/license.html are not correct: wavpack, zlib, libopus, maybe something else?

Reply #14
Beta 2 posted.

Re: foobar2000 v1.3.8

Reply #15
Pardon my not so topic-contents oriented post, but I noticed that the topic is named "foobar2000 v1.3.8" instead of "foobar2000 v1.3.18". 1.3.8 - that was some time ago and was already superseded by several stable versions including v 1.3.17...

Reply #16
Haha indeed. Happened after thread-splitting-gone-wrong and renaming the thread back. Fixed now.

SPLIT: Re: foobar2000 v1.3.18

Reply #17
Thread split (for the second time). Please do not post unrelated tech support requests in this thread.

Reply #18
Stable version posted. Enjoy.