Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar plugin to get sound similar to FXSound Enhancer (Read 2777 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar plugin to get sound similar to FXSound Enhancer

Hi to all.
On my PC I use FxSound Enhancer and I'm wondering if there is a Foobar plugin to help me get similar sound enhancements.
I would use this plugin while converting my flac files to mp3 to use in my car.

Or, if something for foobar doesn't exist, is there a VST effect that I'd use in Adobe Audition?

Any input would be highly appreciated!

Thank you very much,
Matt

Re: Foobar plugin to get sound similar to FXSound Enhancer

Reply #1
If we don't know exactly what FXSoundEnhancer does (never heard of it) it's gonna be hard for us to recommend substitutes.

You could probably knock something together using one of the two very buggy/no longer updated the VSTPlugin components, if you had the right plugins.

Reply #2
Hi,
FXSound is similar to Viper (Android, Windows) and Dolby Atmos. It enhances the overal sound perceived quality, especially on low end audio systems. Similarly to the Loudness button on most amplifiers, it boosts bass and high frequencies, but also it adds dynamyc boost and 3D surround.

Reply #3
Could probably do something like that with a VST component for Foobar2000 and Tokyo Dawn Labs Nova dynamic EQ plugin, plus a little bit of stereo width enhancement like Voxengo MSED. Can get free versions of both of those.

Reply #4
Thank you, I'll give them a try!