Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: cuesplit.exe Alpha (Read 37746 times) previous topic - next topic

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #75
Do you really use "REM SERIES", "REM VOLUME", "REM MEDIASET", etc? Can you retrieve such information from some source (like freedb)?

Yes I really use them. No I cannot retrieve them from any database. I edit the cuesheet and add them by myself. Well it's not too difficult to guess them, if you have something like "DreamDance 35 CD1" 

Considering the implementation simplicity, I don't want to implement the conditional expression like $if{PERFORMER=Various} because I must change ACDIR source code a lot.
Yes you're right. I understand that. 

In contrast, I can implement another conditional expression like $if{MEDIASET} (i.e., without operators and arguments) and find it useful for other occasions, for example, $if{GENRE}{--tg $#R{GENRE}} (if REM field "GENRE" exist, add and set "--tg" option).
I will add this to the 0.12 todo list.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=309219"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks, that helps a lot. 

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #76
Hi,

It seems, that in acdir special characters are not replaced before a file is created. After encoding an album, the one with a "?" in the title was missing afterwards.

If this is the problem, please replace the characters, which are not alowed in Fat32 or Linux.

These are my suggestions, maybe you find them adequate
"/" -> "-"
"\" -> "-"
":" -> " -" (there is a space!)
"*" -> "#"
"?" -> "" (null string)
""" -> "''" (two single ')
"<" -> "["
">" -> "]"
"|" -> "-"

thanks

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #77
Hi,

It seems, that in acdir special characters are not replaced before a file is created. After encoding an album, the one with a "?" in the title was missing afterwards.

If this is the problem, please replace the characters, which are not alowed in Fat32 or Linux.

These are my suggestions, maybe you find them adequate
"/" -> "-"
"\" -> "-"
":" -> " -" (there is a space!)
"*" -> "#"
"?" -> "" (null string)
""" -> "''" (two single ')
"<" -> "["
">" -> "]"
"|" -> "-"

thanks
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=309622"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Did you use the modifier that legitimates variable vales to be suitable for a filename such as $~t, $~o, etc?

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #78
Hi,

Did you use the modifier that legitimates variable vales to be suitable for a filename such as $~t, $~o, etc?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=309630"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry, I used lamecs.bat and did not understand all the %$#~-possibilities:
Code: [Select]
@acdir --output "$n - $t - $a.mp3" --pipe "lame --tt $#t --ta $#a --tl $#T --tn $#n $x - $#o" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

So, I should modify it that way?:
@acdir --output "$~n - $~t - $~a.mp3" --pipe "lame --tt $#t --ta $#a --tl $#T --tn $#n $x - $#o" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

OK, now I understand # and ~, but what is the difference between % and $? In you're batch-examples, you seem to use only $?

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #79
So, I should modify it that way?:
@acdir --output "$~n - $~t - $~a.mp3" --pipe "lame --tt $#t --ta $#a --tl $#T --tn $#n $x - $#o" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

You can just use:

"$n - $~t - $~a.mp3"

.. as $n - the track number - should never include any illegal characters.  (Similarly you should be able to use $n instead of $#n as it should never contain spaces.)

NB: All illegal characters are replaced with a space.

OK, now I understand # and ~, but what is the difference between % and $? In you're batch-examples, you seem to use only $?

$ and % are interchangable.  I always use $ as using % in a batch file will confuse matters. If you are running from the command line you can use either.
I'm on a horse.

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #80
I released version 0.12 alpha. Changes are:
1) Fixed a serious bug that was introduced with 0.10 alpha. ACDIR 0.10-0.11 alpha could not pass a valid filename to Monkey's Audio decoder in some case. ACDIR might not open an Monkey's Audio file if either the filename and pathname contains a character other than US-ASCII.
2) Added #ifdef, #ifndef, #else, #endif to describe a flexible command-line with conditions.
3) Improved batch files to use brand new #ifdef...#endif block and legitimated variable (e.g., $~t) for a filename.

Because of 1), ACDIR could not handle APE cuesheets that point to an APE file whose filename contains characters other than US-ASCII or that is located under a path with characters other than US-ASCII. I suppose this caused tycho's trouble. I confirmed that ACDIR 0.12 handles a Japanese pathname correctly.

As for the usage of 2), please refer to the batch files. The typical example would be:
--genre #ifdef$r{GENRE}$#r{GENRE}#else$qNo genre$q#endif

If a cuesheet contains REM GENRE "Rock", this will be:
--genre "Rock"

If not:
--genre "No genre"

http://nyaochi.sakura.ne.jp/xoops/modules/...php?cid=1&lid=2

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #81
Something that would be cool:
Having a cue and a corresponding wav. Splitting the wav with acdir using the cue and getting multiple wavs and a new cue created out of all infos of the old cue and the new wavs.
I think this could be usefull if you decide that your achive with one wav per cd was wrong but don't want to re-rip everything.

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #82
I've got some code in Wack that currently does this, but I haven't created a standalone application do it. Maybe I could do that in the future.