Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: OPENAL OUTPUT 0.3 actually changed a lot! (Read 3736 times) previous topic - next topic

OPENAL OUTPUT 0.3 actually changed a lot!

I've used foobar just for a couple of days. Firstly impressed by its ultra low system resources consumption,  then I wanted to find something to improve the playback effect , and i tried the plugin OPENAL OUTPUT 0.3 described a lot in the forum. WOW, actually changed a lot! Any soundblaster & Audigy owner should try it out! i am pretty sure that it's gonna be one of the greatest player , coz a lot fans engaged in the development of all kinds of plugins. ONE MILLION THANKS to the author of OPENAL OUTPUT plugin!
[span style=\'color:red\']Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome[/span] DOES NO MATTERS! [span style=\'color:red\']We Can Beat It Down![/span]

Reply #1
errr, just a question : I have an Audigy 2, Why should I use OpenAL output instead of Directsound or Kernel sreaming ?

Reply #2
Don't use it with A2, it limits output rate to 16bits...
A2 supports 24bit playback w/o EAX effects.
Better use Kernel Streaming.
ruxvilti'a

Reply #4
my soundcar is audigy.

use ks or ds output ?

Reply #5
Try KS and if it works ok, use it.
(Don't forget about adding 'Convert mono 2 stereo' DSP
or mono files may play only on left channel)
Else use DS or OpenAL.

EDIT: Yes, I don't trust M$ DSound mixer...
ruxvilti'a