Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [REQUEST] new title formatting fields (Read 9535 times) previous topic - next topic

[REQUEST] new title formatting fields

Would it be possible to create the following [per session] fields?

%Days Since Added%
%Days Since First Played%
%Days Since Last Played%

These would be static fields yeilding integer values.

i.e. foobar would have its own "foobar instance date" as a reference which would remain static for that instance of foobar (regardless of time passing) and would thus be able to calculate these fields in conjunction with data provided by the playback statistics database. Since this would be coded into the core, there would be no "title formatting" calculations required, as the devs have made clear %title formatting% is not suitable for such calculations.

AFAIK this would solve any repaint issues as none of these values would change during a fb2k session.

Furthermore, it takes less room to see, for example, "59" [i.e. days since last played] in a column, rather than a date/time string.

Thanks for your time.

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Reply #1
What about users who keep foobar2000 running for multiple days, or even weeks?

Reply #2
It would just remain the same; it would be a static field based on a per foobar instance / session basis. I don't see this as a problem as long as it is made clear this is a session related field.

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Reply #3
+1 We need this fields for foo_DAR!

Reply #4
I guess this problem could be solved if there was a way to achieve the system time and date within the foobar2000. So, a simple 'date difference' would be your answer.
Is that difficult, by the way?

Reply #5
I think the file created time is important。

Reply #6
I need %timestamp% value !!! i need datediff function!

MAKE CWB_HOOKS portation IN UR NEW FOOBAR versions!!

Reply #7
I don't think you will get developers attention unless you use just one more !, and, of course, SCREAM.   

terry

Reply #8

got a point there, but with a scheduler, once a day (or optional more) there won't be playlist glitches every second and all the time as the cwb component caused. %now% or %today% should be like day-month-year (without time), that updates at midnight or foobarstart. Please consider.

Reply #9
You can get the date into a WSH panel with Date(), then you should be able to calculate how long ago the focused or playing track was added. You couldn't do it for a bunch of tracks though, e.g in a column.

Although, it's in the format "Thu Jun 11 21:56:46 2009", which might make things... fun.

Reply #10
Although, it's in the format "Thu Jun 11 21:56:46 2009", which might make things... fun.
Not really. This is only the string representation of the Date object. To get other representations you can use the object's methods. For more information look here.

Reply #11
Naturally, any component is free to provide time based fields in a sane context. An example: A script-based tagger can allow %now%, because it will be used only to format new value once for each file, no issues.

got a point there, but with a scheduler, once a day (or optional more) there won't be playlist glitches every second and all the time as the cwb component caused. %now% or %today% should be like day-month-year (without time), that updates at midnight or foobarstart. Please consider.
I have a feeling this has been considered many times already, e.g. see my pretentious posts near the end of the foo_DAR thread.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.