Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Replaygain question (Read 1143 times) previous topic - next topic

Replaygain question

Hello,

I apologize for such a basic question but can't seem to find a straight forward answer. I am experimenting with replaygain for the first time, and am not sure which setting to use. I would like to store both track and album tags, but I'm not sure what the difference is between "scan as single album" and "scan as albums (by tags)". Any assistance is greatly appreciated!
I just discovered Opus. Holy mackerel!

Re: Replaygain question

Reply #1
If you scan using album, it will also generate track gain values, first option scans selected items as an album, second option, scan by the album tags to group albums or third, you can scan folders as albums. I've gathered some RG config info here
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #2
At the bottom of
Preferences -> Tools -> ReplayGain Scanner
you can find and customize the criteria for what fb2k should identify as an album when using "by tags".
("Scan as a single album" overrides this completely and considers all files to belong to one and the same album.)
Grouping does not affect tag gain or tag peak, only what is an "Album" and what files are taken into account for album gain and album peak.

I've gathered some RG config info here
For consideration: warn against the difference between scan and apply. (Good that fb2k warns.)

Reply #3
I've gathered some RG config info here
For consideration: warn against the difference between scan and apply. (Good that fb2k warns.)
I'll add an explanation for how and why someone would want to permanently normalize the files rather than just tagging them. As well, I'll update the image, Thanks for the suggestion.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)