Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FooBar2000 BPM Compatibility (Read 2103 times) previous topic - next topic

FooBar2000 BPM Compatibility

1. Once the FooBar2000 BPM is installed within the actual music file; is it automatically recognized within most DJ Music editing software programs including hardware units such as the Denon MCX8000 unit and the Pioneer XDJ-RX2 unit?

2. When I try to copy and paste from FooBar2000 (text file) to print out …. everything is copied except the BPM’s (see example below).  Is this a minor bug? How can I also get FooBar2000 the BPM’s along with everything else I am trying to copy?
Example: Backstreet Boys - [Backstreet Boys #04] Everybody (Backstreet's Back) - Extended Version

Re: FooBar2000 BPM Compatibility

Reply #1
1. You can configure the name of the tag that is used for storing BPM. Thus you can make it compatible with anything. But remember, that all those devices and programs may use different tag names so you may be not able to choose one setting that suits them all at once.

2. You can configure Copy command content. See in Preferences - Display or maybe in Preferences - Advanced Preferences. - Display (I'm on mobile now so can not check how it exactly is)

Reply #2
For FooBar2000 “Copy” Modifications go here:

Under: File> Preferences> Advanced> Display> Legacy Title Formatting Settings> Copy Command (Enter Your Syntax Format Modifications).

I entered this: [%list_index%. ][%artist% - ][%title%][ - BPM: %BPM%]

Copy End Result (My Correct Preference): Maroon 5 - Misery - BPM: 103

Thanks EpicForever 😎👍

Now how do I save my FooBar2000 settings (all configurations); just in case I need to re-install Windows 10 or otherwise?

Reply #3
Close foobar :-).  Settings are saved automatically :-)
But more seriously - go to %appdata%\Roaming\foobar2000\Config  and copy it's content. Or even copy whole "foobar2000" subfolder. You will then keep your layout, database and components.

Reply #4
Thanks EpicForever for all of your assistance.👍👍👍👍👍