Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DSD Transcoder for Native DSD error messages (Read 2750 times) previous topic - next topic

DSD Transcoder for Native DSD error messages

Hello.  Thanks for reading.  Having issues using the DSD Transcoder component with my Oppo HA-2 which supports DSD up to 12 MHz (DSD256).  I guess the component is faulty because it keeps giving me this ridiculous feedback:

Unrecoverable playback error: Sample rate of 192000 Hz not supported by this device. 

When I fiddle with the DSD processor it then switches to saying the HA2 doesn't support 384000 Hz etc.  I have no problem playing the 'unsupported' files using the DSD Asio driver for the HA2.   So obviously I normally use that but this evening I gave the DSD Transcoder plugin another go after using Foobar for a couple hours and didn't even notice that it was now playing whatever I threw at it without a problem until I closed and reopened Foobar and tried to play the same files it was just playing only to get these frustrating messages again.  It doesn't seem to be something I can control with any DSD or other settings.  I hadn't changed any settings when it decided to no longer allow me to play the files.   I just closed Foobar and reopened it. 

If you know something I can do to control the issue I would appreciate your feedback, but I suspect it's something for the developers to work on.

Re: DSD Transcoder for Native DSD error messages

Reply #1
 :))  Haha...I laugh at the younger, arrogant me from twenty minutes ago!  Sorry developers!  Almost every time I post a problem like this in a forum I end up thinking of something to fiddle with and resolving the issue myself.  Within minutes of posting the DSD Transcoder issue I fixed it.  I came back here to delete the topic but actually in case anyone else has this issue and can't find the answers I guess I should leave it.

So what I did was go back into the Custom Channel Mapping settings for the DSD Transcoder component and into the driver configuration options.  I actually focused this time (well done me) and did some semi-intelligent fiddling, basically assigning the 'DoP' option to all the DoP sample rates and the 'DSD' option to all the DSD sample rates.  Before then I did have it set to the 'DSD' option for the DSD sample rates appropriate for my device but ignored the rest.  Hopefully I won't have to deal with those error messages from now on and it's not just being fluky again.  I did try closing and reopening Foobar to check and it did still worked.  This seem to have also resolved another issue for which I had developed a silly workaround; I can now control the HA-2's volume normally when using the DSD Transcoder and the 'Line Out' port on the DAC (for speakers with their own power supply).   This "fix" has also meant I can finally apply DSP emulation on DSD.

Well at least my little rant got me to register myself on here about which I was procrastinating today.  :))

Re: DSD Transcoder for Native DSD error messages

Reply #2
Update:  All good but with DSD128 I am finding I have to close and reopen a couple times or more until the playback data display and DSPs are properly initiated.