Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Flac to Ogg using OggEnc2 in MusicBee (Read 6708 times) previous topic - next topic

Flac to Ogg using OggEnc2 in MusicBee

Hi. I use MusicBee to convert Flac to Ogg. It uses an old version of OggEnc2.
I use Audacity to see the audio spectrum. I'm not an expert as I don't really know how to judge the quality, I just search for differences in the spectrum to judge the better quality audio. Comparing the Ogg to the Flac, I see a 'hole' in the spectrum. What this means?
-q 10 -p 4    to converter

Re: Flac to Ogg using OggEnc2 in MusicBee

Reply #1
The source material looks like it was CD, but the audio is 96k.  Are you trying to upsample ?

Reply #2
No, I'm not upsampling. I just take the Flac and convert it to Ogg without changing sample rate or bit depth. I've noticed that all the Ogg that got converted from 24-96 Flac have the same 'hole' in the spectrum in the same Hz range.

Reply #3
I've noticed that all the Ogg that got converted from 24-96 Flac have the same 'hole' in the spectrum in the same Hz range.

Vorbis removes everything above 20 KHz, so that is normal.