Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Questions about AccurateRip (Read 13556 times) previous topic - next topic

Questions about AccurateRip

Reply #25
Also, cross checking of pressings (even for AR2) should reduce (eliminate?) problems with a glass master as its unlikely different masters would have the same error.

Reply #26
Yes and cross-checking with CUETools is even better (regardless of AR2) since it may also ferret out the other problems as well.  I am mentioning CUETools by name because it provides more useful information than dBpa when it comes to the issues I've raised.

PS: Be sure to read my parenthetical edit in my previous post.

Reply #27
The two-byte data shift: Is that a "sometimes", i.e.: from time to time, the drive just changes offset?

Even mid-rip?!?

Reply #29
Andre Wiethoff just reported that AR2 is still not a real CRC (link).  Is this true?

In response to spoon's post below mine (#31):
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....mp;#entry756260

Reply #30
It is based on the old algorithm, which is fine as it allows the sub-calculation of other pressings which a CRC32 would not. As long as it covers all the data it is valid.

Reply #31
The odds of two separate physical discs being read the same wrong way on two different physical drives is not "basically zero."

Could you point me to this. I can't think of what would make this likely. Clearly there is always a possibility, but...

They can also be caused by any combination of the following: pressing-wide manufacturing defect, defective hardware and buggy ripping software.  All three possibilities have been documented on this forum and on others.

I've provided links not too long ago and don't feel like trying to dig them up again.  Google is your friend.

Here you go, Eli:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=575700