Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to have foobar recognize playlist (Read 1414 times) previous topic - next topic

How to have foobar recognize playlist

Hi,

I have been using foobar2000 for a couple months, and I noticed a few things that I wanted to take care of:

When I make a playlist, then change the location of the file or the file name (directory or the actual file) of some music that was added to the playlist, foobar can no longer play it. Is there a way to avoid this?

The problem I have is that I had a few playlists which had around 200 songs (not much, I can still manually add them if I have no choice) that I made. I upgraded my computer to Windows 8, and was able to get all the components working and the save playlists can be imported but foobar says it can't locate the path. (Naturally, since I changed computers).

I would like to know if there is a built in function to try and rematch all the songs on the playlist, or if there is a component that can achieve this. Second, I would like to know how to avoid  this issue in the future- is the portable version the only way? I would also like to keep all my rating and statistics information throughout future installations.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. I hope this is the right forum. It is a 'how to' kind of problem, but might also be technical. My apologies if I posted in the wrong forum.

Reply #1
foo_playlist_revive

Reply #2
foo_playlist_revive

Thanks. That revived a lot of my songs. I forgot that I converted some of my files to another format, and those were not able to be revived.
I think I will do the rest manually.