Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How do I make a cue-file for my APE-files? (Read 6146 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I make a cue-file for my APE-files?

Hi,

I have recently made mayself a decent collection of APE- and FLAC-files, and i'm using the foobar2000 audio player.

Some of the albums are separate tracks in APE or FLAC format. But some of them are one big APE og FLAC file, and most of these have a cue-file attatched that automatically puts all the separate tracks in the player.

My problem is that some of the cue-files dont work, as in they dont make all the tracks show up in the foobar2000 player. Instead, i get an error message from foobar.

I would very much like to make a cue-file for the albums that only contain one big file, so that I can choose which track to play.

Can anybody help me with this? 
regards,
Ninjaspliff

Reply #1
Can you post the contents of an example bad cuesheet, the duration of the file, and the error that foobar reports please?

I don't see how you can have a cuesheet embedded in a file that doesn't work - unless some freak has embedded the wrong cuesheet.

It's curious that you say only some tracks error.  This makes me wonder whether the cuesheet is using invalid timings or something.

Where did you get these files, or how did you create them?

If you do want to write your own cuesheet it is quite easy, but you are unlikely to end up with a cuesheet which will match the cuehseet that a program like EAC would create (i.e.: track timings will be different).

You can download cuehseets at Cuesheet Heaven.  Again, I'm not that sure on the accuracy of them as I believe they will only be accurate to one second (not 1/75 of a second).
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
Can you post the contents of an example bad cuesheet, the duration of the file, and the error that foobar reports please?

I don't see how you can have a cuesheet embedded in a file that doesn't work - unless some freak has embedded the wrong cuesheet.

It's curious that you say only some tracks error.  This makes me wonder whether the cuesheet is using invalid timings or something.

Where did you get these files, or how did you create them?

If you do want to write your own cuesheet it is quite easy, but you are unlikely to end up with a cuesheet which will match the cuehseet that a program like EAC would create (i.e.: track timings will be different).

You can download cuehseets at Cuesheet Heaven.  Again, I'm not that sure on the accuracy of them as I believe they will only be accurate to one second (not 1/75 of a second).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=319342"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ok.

Here is a typical example. This is Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway CD2. It consists of one huge APE-file at 270 MB and one cue-file. When i try to open this cue-file in Foobar2000, i get this error message in the console:

INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://D:\ed2k\Genesis - 1974 - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway (EAC, APE) CD2\Genesis The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway 2.cue" (1)
ERROR (foo_input_std) : referenced file doesn't exist
ERROR (CORE) : error opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://D:\ed2k\Genesis - 1974 - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway (EAC, APE) CD2\Genesis The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway 2.cue" (1)

This happens often, and i don't know why. As I mentioned earlier, I would like to know how to make my own cue-files for foobar, in the cases where i got one big APE- og FLAC-file.
regards,
Ninjaspliff

Reply #3
referenced file doesn't exist

Open the cue sheet with a text editor, and change the name of the file mentioned inside it from *.wav to *.ape.

Reply #4
referenced file doesn't exist

Open the cue sheet with a text editor, and change the name of the file mentioned inside it from *.wav to *.ape.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=322320"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Tnx man, it worked.

regards,
Ninjaspliff