Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Surround Sound Processor For Winamp (Read 3068 times) previous topic - next topic

Surround Sound Processor For Winamp

I just purchased a home theatre setup with optical (my first optical setup ever) so Id like to connect my computer to it. If I play an avi with AC3 audio, and physically disconnect all the speakers but the center, I get sound (thanks to AC3Filter). However, I would like to upconvert (process) my mp3's with a Winamp plugin to make use of all the speakers. I tried ATSurround Processor 0.1.6, but it doesnt give me anything from the center channel. Instead, it sends the 'center' signal to both the left and the right front speakers (if I turn the center speaker on and the rest off in the config, I get sound out of the left and right speakers, but not from the center speaker!)

Any suggestions?

Surround Sound Processor For Winamp

Reply #1
Your home-theatre receiver should have some Dolby Pro Logic II "soundfield" settings that allow you to decode or derive surround sound from a 2-channel source.  These will have names like "movie", "music", "matrix", "club", "stadium", etc.  (The standard "movie" mode does not work well with music, because it tries to steer the sound to the dominant channel.)