Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I developed new resampler for high quality. (Read 3476 times) previous topic - next topic

I developed new resampler for high quality.

Hello. Today, I developed new resampler for high quality so let me introduce it.
This resampler optimized for pure in music, not for only signal(Sine Wave, Pulse Wave etc,,,).
Also, This resampler has high-quality bit converter, You can choose 8-bit quantize, It realize more low-noise than other resampler.
I put convert example to here, Check it on your ears.

Here is example

01 - 32kHz/6Bit
02 - 32kHz/8Bit
03 - 32kHz/16Bit
04 - Reference

Re: I developed new resampler for high quality.

Reply #1
Sorry to say, but those resampled files are very noisy and audibly very different from the original because of that alone.

Reply #2
It... *Looks* amazing... from the spectrum...
Maybe some "softer" music can be less challenging to compare?

Reply #3
Reference file have huge distortions in higher-end spectrum. Also next time post also sine sweep.
Please remove my account from this forum.

Reply #4
Do an ABX against the output of an existing resampler.  I'll be very surprised if you can improve on it, the task of interpolating between samples ain't that difficult.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #5
Reference file have huge distortions in higher-end spectrum. Also next time post also sine sweep.
Thanks for your reply. I will post a lot of type of signal of converted from this resampler. Thank you for your opinion,

Reply #6
Do an ABX against the output of an existing resampler.  I'll be very surprised if you can improve on it, the task of interpolating between samples ain't that difficult.
Yes. When I finished to developed this resampler, I will do abx test to compere other resampler.

Reply #7
It... *Looks* amazing... from the spectrum...
Maybe some "softer" music can be less challenging to compare?
Yes, I will challenge softer music like piano only song on this resampler. And I will post it.

Reply #8
I post 2 new converted result.
06 - Für Elise, WoO 59_01.flac_.wav: This is conv from Hires Format (192kHz/24bit) to 32kHz/16Bit
無題_.wav(Sorry I'm Japanese Engineer) : This is conv test signal(charp signal) 44.1kHz/24Bit to 32kHz/16Bit
Please check it.

Reply #9
Can't ABX that without access to the unresampled data to run through other resamplers (eg the FB2K built-in one).

Reply #11
A high quality resampler is something that doesn't alter the signal audibly. Your method adds DC shift, makes things louder, shifts offsets and adds background noise.

Reply #12
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Reply #13
Not sure what that comment refers to. The OP has posted evidence of his resampler's performance and it's easy to verify that all the posted signals are quite different from the reference materials. I certainly don't need more proof of performance.

If your comment is related to my comment, just download the files yourself and examine them with ears or spectrograms or hex editor or whatever. For example the very first sample that should be silent creates a loud pop.

Reply #14
Bunch of audiophiles disagrees with your claims/opinions.

On serious side my comment generically refers to any claim/opinion that is extraordinary, I agree on your claim about what high quality resamplers should do, but maybe OP have bad hardware so quality difference is somehow masked?

Reply #16
Is that heavy aliasing?

Reply #17
It is ludicrous that the OP hasn't already conducted at least sanity checks and listening tests on his output before posting here, and preferably ABX with competing resamplers as well.

I can understand somebody wanting to have a go at it as a private project, but to assume you can make a significant contribution just diving in from cold is somewhat arrogant.

Reply #18
Is there really transparent resampler(s) with minimal or even better - zero post/pre-ringing artifacts?

Reply #19
I agree. Nice try, but no need to post your homework or private project here. We are very well supplied with well-tested reliable resamplers.

Reply #20
Is there really transparent resampler(s) with minimal or even better - zero post/pre-ringing artifacts?
Not with my tinnitus, no.

Reply #21
Is 1 Hz audible to the ear? That will be cut off by both earphones and loudspeakers.
If it is harmful, then the noise from the noise shaper should be more harmful to your hearing. I aimed for this project to be audibly audible and high performance, not audibly seen and high performance for signals. (Deepl)

Reply #22
Is 1 Hz audible to the ear? That will be cut off by both earphones and loudspeakers.
Of course this is not audible, but some amplifiers use DC coupling and this generates an offset to the signal. This would add some distortion from speakers and phones.

The output of a resampler should be as close as possible to the original. Dithering artefacts are okay, but the screenshot from @.halverhahn looks like a little bit too much of it.

Reply #23
Even with AC coupling, if the passband is sufficient 1 Hz can still affect the output.

Regardless, it's the unsubstantiated claims of "high quality" which irritate me.  As mycroft said (and I didn't read it as aimed at Case), extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and the only acceptable form of evidence (as enshrined in the forum ToS) is ABX.  In this case, it would have to be demonstrated that this resampler outperforms other resamplers from the same source material in a blind listening test (ie ABX).  Anyone sensible would do their own private ABX first, before going public, to make certain they were not about to make a fool of themselves.

I'm not teaching the forum members how to suck eggs, just trying to inform the OP how he should go about this kind of thing.

Reply #24
When I say spectrum looks good I was just talking about the bit converter (dither?)... don't see many noises, but the actual resampling is just not good.
It makes my stuff (very basic ones) make "thud" noises when starting and stopping playback