Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to Clean up Cassette to Digital (Read 65671 times) previous topic - next topic

How to Clean up Cassette to Digital

Reply #25
Usually the "pre amp" in the tape player does not have a high enough output to cause clipping because if it did then any amp or preamp attached would increase the clipping as the source would be clipped. I vote to keep the audio as "clean" from the source as possible.

This seems interesting: http://www.hansvanzutphen.com/tape_restore_live/

David - does the program "undo" the Dolby that was in the recording?

I have not used it yet. But Spectral Pro by Sony allows for background noise to be removed with virtually no loss in the original sound. I work with alot of voice "speeches" recorded on Tape. I have sounds like planes or police sirens that in the future I want to remove from the recordings.

Richard

How to Clean up Cassette to Digital

Reply #26
David - does the program "undo" the Dolby that was in the recording?
Yes.

I have not used it yet. But Spectral Pro by Sony allows for background noise to be removed with virtually no loss in the original sound.
You can get fantastic results by removing the hiss digitally then reversing the Dolby.

Cheers,
David.