Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: new view via ›Preferences: Album List‹ won't work as it should (Read 1862 times) previous topic - next topic

new view via ›Preferences: Album List‹ won't work as it should

Hi all,
hope this post is in the right part of this forum.

Problem: I tried to create a new Album List, but the output isn't what i want 

Hard facts:
  • every cd saved as one wave (PCM)
  • using cue-sheet
  • can't store %cd%-value

Here what i wanna do (so it should be easy to follow what I wanna do…):
Code: [Select]
if album artist 
    then if %album artist% = various
        ⇒ sort like %sub-a%
        else if %album artist% ≠ various
        ⇒ sort like %sub-b% with %album artist%
    else if %artist%
        ⇒ sort like %sub-b% with %artist%

%sub-a%
    %album artist% ( ≙ various) |$left(%album%,7)|%date% - %album%,30 - (max. 30 letter and add [if they include »cd OR vol.«] all information between nearest '(' and ')')
for example: with original %album% = rock s'cool (a spanking good song collection) (vol.01 cd2)
⇒ various | rock s' | 2007 - rock s' cool (a - (vol.001 cd1)

%sub-b%
    first letter of %artist% (or %album artist%) | %artist% (or %album artist%)|%date% - %album%,30 - (max. 30 letter and add [if they include »cd OR vol.«] all information between nearest '(' and ')')
for example: with original %album% = the beginning (cd1) [deluxe 2cd edition]
⇒ b | black eyed peas the | 2010 - the beginning ( - (cd1)
for example: with original %album% = complete works (cd08) mazurkas (vol.02) [cor de groot, artur moreira, sofia philharmonic orchestra, dimiter manolov]
⇒ c | chopin | ~1830 - complete works  - (cd08)(vol.02)

so i wrote the following code (after hours and some tries and errors)
$ifequal($replace($meta(album artist),various,99999),99999,%album artist%|[$left(%album%,7)]|[$left(%date%,4) - ][$ifgreater($len(%album%),30,$left(%album%,15) $substr($meta(album),$strstr($meta(album),'('cd),$add($strstr($meta(album),'('cd),5)),%album%)]|[#%track% - ][%artist% - ][%title%],$if($meta(album artist),$left(%album artist%,1)|%album artist%|[$left(%date%,4) - ][$ifgreater($len(%album%),30,$left(%album%,15)  $substr($meta(album),$strstr($meta(album),'('cd),$add($strstr($meta(album),'('cd),5)),%album%)]|[#%track% - ][%title%],$if(%artist%,$left(%artist%,1))|%artist%|[$left(%date%,4) - ][$ifgreater($len(%album%),30,$left(%album%,15)  $substr($meta(album),$strstr($meta(album),'('cd),$add($strstr($meta(album),'('cd),5)),%album%)]|[#%track% - ][%title%]))

Here the problems:
  • How to get the stings (… cd …) and (… vol …) or (… cd … vol …) or (… vol … cd …) more precise?
  • Why adds foobar the first five letters to an $left15-string without (cd)?

Any ideas how I can get what I want? All the other stuff works at the moment as it should, therefore I would be happy if someone able to help.

With best regards,
nonsinn

Reply #1
Why adds foobar the first five letters to an $left15-string without (cd)?

The $strstr function returns 0 if the given pattern was not found. You'll need to check if the pattern was found:
$if($puts(n,$strstr(%album%,'(cd')),$substr(%album%,$get(n),$add($get(n),5)))

Reply #2
Hi foosion,
thanks for your hint — now it's nearly working as it should.

Just the (… cd …)-stuff is left — is there any way to fix this too, or not really?
For example, the library-search understand »album HAS "(cd" OR album HAS "(vol"« so I hope there is any why to fix it within the 'Album List'  .

I would be happy, if someone has another hint for me. But for now it's cool to have a fixed $left-string  .

Reply #3
Hi again,
at the moment I'm using a workaround and simplified the code — after I learned how to use the $puts and $get 

If there is someone who wanna use the string I am using now…

$if($strstr(%album%,'(cd'),$puts(types,cd)$puts(numbers,$strstr(%album%,'(cd'))$puts(add,5))$if($strstr(%album%,'(vol'),$puts(types,vol)$puts(numbers,$strstr(%album%,'(vol'))$puts(add,12))$if($strstr(%album%,'(part'),$puts(types,part)$puts(numbers,$strstr(%album%,'(part'))$puts(add,10))$puts(fixedalbum,$ifgreater($len($get(types)),0,$ifgreater($len(%album%),8,[$left(%date%,4) - ][$left(%album%,8) $substr(%album%,$get(numbers),$add($get(numbers),$get(add)))],[$left(%date%,4) - ][%album%]),[$left(%date%,4) - ]$ifgreater($len(%album%),16,$left(%album%,16),[%album%])))$puts(trti,[#%track% - ][$ifgreater($len2(%title%),24,$left(%title%,24),%title%)])$ifequal($replace($meta(album artist),various,99999),99999,%album artist%|$left(%album%,15)|[$get(fixedalbum)]|$get(trti),$left(%album artist%,1)|%album artist%|[$get(fixedalbum)]|$get(trti))

Note: if you wanna use other strings from your %album%-file, copy and change the first $if-string (and/or remove the two others too).
Everything else should be self-explanatory 

Finally if here any 'solved' button?