Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problem installing Kernel Streaming Foobar 2000 W.8 (Read 10026 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem installing Kernel Streaming Foobar 2000 W.8

Hello,

I've installed the latest version of Foobar2000 v.1.22.
I wish to install Kernel Streaming as being a so-called Component.
Downloaded the zip-file. Unpacked it. Got .dll file.
Put .dll file in the map 'components' + general map of Foobar2000, which is within 'Program Files'.

The Kernel Streaming component is indeed within the overview of the components, but trying to
install it remains grey and so I cannot install it.

Can someone help me, please?

Thanking in advance for helping and the efforts,

Erik S.

Volendam, Holland

Reply #1
Downloaded the zip-file. Unpacked it. Got .dll file.
Put .dll file in the map 'components' + general map of Foobar2000, which is within 'Program Files'.
This is wrong. Just leave the zip file as it is, and install it using the Install button in the Components dialog of the Preferences; click that, locate the zip folder, and let foobar2000 do it properly. This is explained in the official list of frequently asked questions.

Besides, the Install button is only for components that aren’t already installed. It’s possible that fb2k detected your placed DLL and added it properly already. Did you check the Outputs section of the Preferences to see whether or not you can use Kernel Streaming?

Reply #2
This component was originally written for Windows 2000 and Windows XP. It is not guaranteed to cooperate with newer versions of Windows.

Kernel Streaming is known to work on certain Windows Vista and Windows 7 configurations, but not with devices having WaveRT drivers such as High Definition Audio Devices integrated with newer motherboards - such devices simply won't be shown on foobar2000's output device list as available KS devices.

quoted from the wiki

Reply #3
The Kernel Streaming component is indeed within the overview of the components, but trying to
install it remains grey and so I cannot install it.

If it is in the list then it is installed.
Greyed means that you cannot update or remove it via foobar2000.