Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_infobox (Read 166787 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_infobox

Reply #75
Is it possible that I could now erase the original "Show File Info". Is there a .dll corresponding to it, so that when I delete it it'll be gone?

Edit: Aha I did it through the Prefs  One needs to catalog all these useful plug-ins. I happened to see this by chance.

You can move it to the right box in "Context menu items" ,and move the (Specail) to top:D

foo_infobox

Reply #76
v1.3.3

Added copy command button.It is independent of title formatting string,and has its own formatting string in config page.

download link:foo_infobox.dll
mirror:foo_infobox.zip

edit: added a mirror download link

foo_infobox

Reply #77
I love this plug-in!

BTW, the dll from the main download link fails to load, giving a bad Windows image error. The zipped & mirrored dll loads fine.
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

foo_infobox

Reply #78
Ah, thank you.

This really should be considered as a candidate for being the default infobox in Foobar.

foo_infobox

Reply #79
BTW, the dll from the main download link fails to load, giving a bad Windows image error. The zipped & mirrored dll loads fine.

No problems for me downloading from the either of the download links.

foo_infobox

Reply #80

Sorry, I was unclear. It downloads okay. But when I copy the dll over to the components folder and start Foobar, I get a "foobar_inbox.dll is not a valid Windows image" system error, and it doesn't load in Foobar.

I just tried it again and get the same error. The zipped dll does work for me.
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

foo_infobox

Reply #81
I did understand what you meant first time, just didn't explain properly in my response.  For me, both downloads work fine AND when either downloaded file is copied into my components folder foobar2000 starts successfully and the infobox displays correctly.

So the actual file must be OK, but getting corrupted on download for you.  Unless there is something about the file that fails on your OS or with your version of fb2k but works correctly on mine (Windows 2000 Server, fb2k 0.75 beta 1)

foo_infobox

Reply #82

Sorry, I was unclear. It downloads okay. But when I copy the dll over to the components folder and start Foobar, I get a "foobar_inbox.dll is not a valid Windows image" system error, and it doesn't load in Foobar.

I just tried it again and get the same error. The zipped dll does work for me.

Thanks for reporting
It seem the dll link doesn't work for somebody.This had been reported before(here)
I don't know why.
The zip link works for you at least.It is lukey

foo_infobox

Reply #83
There seems to be a bug in 1.3.3. You can no longer double-click a field in the 'Other meta fields' section to edit it. Don't know if this was intentional or not. Thanks.
f to c to f to c

foo_infobox

Reply #84
There seems to be a bug in 1.3.3. You can no longer double-click a field in the 'Other meta fields' section to edit it. Don't know if this was intentional or not. Thanks.

Thanks
fixed in 1.3.3b

1.3.3b download link:foo_infobox.dll

I'll update zip mirror link to new version later.

foo_infobox

Reply #85
updated dll download link to v1.3.3c

Now you can press "enter" to open details info dialog in other meta fields list box

Edit: updated zip mirror link to v1.3.3c

foo_infobox

Reply #86
Sorry. Latest link seems to be dead.
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

foo_infobox

Reply #87
Sorry. Latest link seems to be dead.

No, it ain't - for me
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )

foo_infobox

Reply #88
Found a very small bug (nitpicking really). Standard meta fields (Title, Artist, Album, etc.) have their field names saved in lowercase instead of uppercase. For example, if you view the tags in the default infobox, you'll see the Title field as "title" instead of "TITLE" (you'll need to double-click the field). This should be quite easy to fix (in fact, can even be done w/ a hex editor).

Also, how hard would it be to sort the technical info as well as the metadata fields? (Not really neccessary, I know, but just curious.)

Thanks! :]
f to c to f to c

foo_infobox

Reply #89
awesome plugin. thanks!

haven't found any problems

no really

foo_infobox

Reply #90
Found a very small bug (nitpicking really). Standard meta fields (Title, Artist, Album, etc.) have their field names saved in lowercase instead of uppercase. For example, if you view the tags in the default infobox, you'll see the Title field as "title" instead of "TITLE" (you'll need to double-click the field). This should be quite easy to fix (in fact, can even be done w/ a hex editor).

Also, how hard would it be to sort the technical info as well as the metadata fields? (Not really neccessary, I know, but just curious.)

Thanks! :]

ok,v1.3.4 uploaded

-fixed bug of standard fields name saved in lowercase
-added sort technical info option

You can download it from new dynmic 3rd party foobar2000 components
direct download link:foo_infobox.zip

foo_infobox

Reply #91
/\/irana:
are there any plans to make infobox support multiple items selected? if it did this, i could remove the standard foobar file info from my context menu

it could be done the same way the standard one does it -- fields with the same info would show the data, fields with different info would say (info varies) or whatever.

foo_infobox

Reply #92
aron: it already does :]
select the multiple items > right-click > Show file info (special) > Multi-edit
Multi-edit is to the left of the Update and Close buttons
f to c to f to c

foo_infobox

Reply #93
I think aron means that he want's it to automatically take you to the multi-edit dialog when you select multiple files. That's something I'd like to see too.
RedawgTS
King of all the little people with really big swords.

foo_infobox

Reply #94
I think aron means that he want's it to automatically take you to the multi-edit dialog when you select multiple files. That's something I'd like to see too.

Hm..Try v1.3.5
Added a "multiple edit" context menu item when you select multiple files

foo_infobox

Reply #95

im thinking that it would make a lot more sense and be a lot easier to use if there was only one context menu entry, like foobar default, that simply changed when multiple items were selected. like this:

http://shovelbeating.org/~nirvana/newbox.jpg

what do you think? (i think this would be great/perfect)

(hope i didnt leave anything out in that image.)

edit: also, notice how instead of just 'technical info' it says 'common technical info,' as well as the changed titlebar.

foo_infobox

Reply #96
I love the way it works now. That is to say you can only browse the selected files with previous/next when several files are selected. Your proposal would break this feature, unless it comes in another menu entry.

foo_infobox

Reply #97
I love the way it works now. That is to say you can only browse the selected files with previous/next when several files are selected. Your proposal would break this feature, unless it comes in another menu entry.

dude. previous/next works without highlighting anything. so it would leave this functionality intact., and wouldnt break anything

foo_infobox

Reply #98

dude. previous/next works without highlighting anything. so it would leave this functionality intact., and wouldnt break anything

k, I say it again: the prev/next browsing is limited to the selected files when you select more than one file.

foo_infobox

Reply #99

k, I say it again: the prev/next browsing is limited to the selected files when you select more than one file.

there are easy ways around this issue.

for example, a simple option in the preferences. "view multiple highlighted items together, or one by one (limits scope of previous/next)"