Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How is a multiligual object encoded in an AAC stream? (Read 3313 times) previous topic - next topic

How is a multiligual object encoded in an AAC stream?

I have read a draft of iso13818-7, and have no idea about it.
any reply will be appreciated.
thanks.

Reply #1
Originally posted by encai
I have read a draft of iso13818-7, and have no idea about it.
any reply will be appreciated.
thanks.

woo... Nobody answers...
What I want to ask is about dual mono object.
will a dual mono object will be encoded as two SCE,
or one CPE, or one SCE with one CCE?

SCE ---- single_channel_element
CPE ---- channel_pair_element
CCE ---- coupling_channel_element.

regards

Reply #2
The best thing is to encode dual mono as two separate SCE, or in some circumstances as one CPE - but with disabled M/S, IS and other joint channel tools.

CCE is used for multichannel encoding.

Reply #3
The multilingual part is encoded using a coupling channel, which are mixed in a normal channel (SCE or both channels of a CPE). This means that you can for example encode 10 CCE's in 10 different languages and chose which one to mix into the audio channel. Hence, you'll have a multi language audio.
But from your second post I guess that that is not really your question. Dual mono can be encoded using a CPE with common_window = 0, this assures that both channels are encoded completely seperate, but the decoder will know that the channels belong together.

Menno